WT Compares Higher Education to Drugs and Alcohol

by Bangalore 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Azazel
    Azazel

Come on guys!!! that article was 2008 the light has gotten brighter since then!! heres another glass of koolaid , drink up .

you can trust us were the slaves Man

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking) I might show this article to my very wealthy boss. He knows that I did not complete college and it will help him to understand why I was under the WT's spell not to finish college, I just do not have any interest to go back to school and I am content with what I have. He is a good guy.

• blondie
    blondie

This goes under the premise from the 1960's and 1970's when many college students (actually the general population) seemed to be using mj and lsd and fornicating. The WTS flipped out but failed to realize that jw kids were being exposed to the drug culture and fornicating at their secular work just as much. Yet the WTS would not suggest that they stay home and not work and let their parents and welfare pay their way. How could they ever earn money to donate to the WTS?!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah, 60's and 70's campus life got crazy, but while drugs played a role, this was also a time and place where ideas were being considered and shared like never before. I mean, generation gaps are the norm, but this really was new---every single insititution and assumption came under critical scrutiny. This never boded well for the WT. I really think their aversion to higher education was less about drugs and sex and way more about the acceptablility of and even expectation that each student would question everything and then were free to disagree. The drugs and sex were just handy excuses.

NC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I know my wife was surprised by the kids she saw when she visited campus with me. Not by snotty, foul mouthed, provocatively dressed hoodlums, but by a bunch of NICE KIDS who we would feel perfectly comfortable with inviting to our home. There are kids from the hall who I don't even want to know where I live.

As for as the anti-college bullshit they slipped into this article, YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELVES WTBTS. Enjoy a future of decreasing contributions as your non-educated masses struggle just to get by and can't afford to put as much in the contribution boxes.

It's all about INFORMATION CONTROL versus CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Can you imagine the mental state necessary to write such garbage.

It does make one wonder.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Is therer a reference for that? Magazine WT? date and page number?

If we need to use these wonderful little tidbits we need to know where they come from

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sept 1, 2008 WT pg 10

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Pure evil!! They use the Bible to condemn the members to every single bit!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thanks, Baltar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit