WT Compares Higher Education to Drugs and Alcohol

by Bangalore 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Razziel
    Razziel

So sad.

Hopefully, even someone with a minimum level of critical thinking skills might grasp that education doesn't belong in that list.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok that is just absurd.

• jj123jj123
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah BEWARE of smoking, drugs, booze and {sneak this in} higher education...we need MORE Window Cleaners, there's a huge shortage here!!! Scrub toilets for a living, and Pioneer.

• designs
    designs

This is one of those articles that we should carry around with us and pull it out and ask them what they think about this type of propaganda.

• irondork
    irondork

One of these things is not like the others...

• nugget
    nugget

This is plumbing new depths of stupidity. How can the education tat gives them doctors, teachers, social workers, architects, and other professions be seen as comparable to drugs and alcohol. Members of the public reading this will be bemused. Another shot in the foot.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks so much for posting this. I printed this out. There is a young JW woman where I work that mentioned to me that she is taking some college courses.

I asked if she knew that the WTS says that it is wrong to pursue higher education, and she assured me that they don't. I told her that my husband had been an elder for twenty years and that the WTS had even recently stated that any elder who encouraged others to this end could lose their position. As she was trying her best to get away from me, I told her to be careful who she told about her education plans.

This article is just what I need to make her feel guilty! Ha!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

designs, you are right on!

I just showed this list to my wife (it made us have a little squabble though) and she replies....... well, our children are going to a local uni........ no sleeping over or such!

I said, whatever.................. but, the society says otherwise, and congregation troublemakers love using the "print" to bring out their righteousness onto others!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit