Suicide - How many do you know within the JWs

by Lady Lee 234 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jw Survivors Original
    Jw Survivors Original

My Uncle who was an elder committed suicide when facing disfellowshipping . . . then his 4 daughters tried committing suicide afterwards (copy cat suicides).

My Uncle's grandchildren tried committing suicide afterwards. They all survived but are very messed up! My ex-husband tried when he was 13 and again when he was 28 years old . . . due to depression and shunning.

My two oldest children tried a couple of times each due to my ex-communication (upon leaving their abusive JW father), my daughter still have heart problems due to the overdose.

My ex-husband's nieces and nephew committed suicide . . . their parents left JW's but attended the meetings occasionally . . . still hanging on the fringes of the skirt of death:

Michelle left 4 small children behind,

Cory was beaten up by her boyfriend and later committed suicide (her mother who has claimed to be of the annointed didn't go to her daughters funeral),

Marisela, age, 16, was found drugged, raped, strangled and beaten in her bedroom in her mother's house (ex witness who joined a gang) . . .

Trevor, age 15, was chased by his father around his grand-parents home after an arguement . . . he ran up on the railroad tracks, walking backwards towards the train was hit and killed. It was ruled an accident. When in fact he either committed suicide or he was so upset after his father smacked him in the face, that when he was chased after and being yelled at (by a drunk reformed Ex-Witness father) . . . that he didn't even hear the train whistle blowing!? Trevor would be 33 yrs. old today if he was still alive. His grandfather who was an elder at the time, and his father . . . collected a lot of money from his death.

I became suicidal as a result of ex-communication, me AND my children being shunned (after I left an abusive JW husband), homeless 4 times and had a nervous breakdown and hospitalized 3 years ago. I have not recovered fully from it . . . will probably be on medicine for the rest of my life.

What I DO have is my life and freedom . . . many people have lost that opportunity . . . for those that are so depressed and considering committing suicide due to Jehovah's Witnesses and the trauma you have been through . . . PLEASE reconsider! Go get help . . . go to your local emergency room.

Love, Jw Survivors Original (on facebook) . . . .

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That is one challenging first post.

Hopefully, time and treatment will continue to improve your life.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Unfortunately, family history of suicide dramatically increases the risk. Stay well JWSO

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I know of a recent incident (10 days ago) of a middle aged female JW with many family members in the organization who decided to end it all via a razor blade to the wrists. Extremely sad but just another day in JW paradise!

Not to be found on www.jw.org! Also not on local news!

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

My best friend growing up shot himself in the head with a shotgun while his parents were at meeting. They found him on the front porch when they came home.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    So many
  • J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

JW Takes her life with a train

This was pretty "Hush-Hush" but I know about this from an inside source where she worked at Canada Post. The big thing is it really emotionally fucked up the train engineers involved.

• Watchtower-Free
  • william draper
    william draper
    The thoughts of suicide we're mostly only a part of my life when I was amongst Jws , my life outside of the ORG has been of little resemblance regarding this aspect , I feel better about myself mostly because I became more courageous in life , and began having a better understanding of what really can and can not be discerned by use of certain scriptures .
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

J-DUBBED

J-DUBBED a month ago

JW Takes her life with a train

This was pretty "Hush-Hush" but I know about this from an inside source where she worked at Canada Post. The big thing is it really emotionally fucked up the train engineers involved.

Is there more info about this somewhere?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit