Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

cofty I have learned that N.drew skips merrily away from anything logical and/or evidence-based that comes her way. It's not so much that she knows her stuff, but that she has learned how to avoid direct engagement in a topic whilst reveling in her own woefully wilful ignorance.

• cofty
    cofty

The sad thing is, if believers weren't so afraid of the facts about evolution it is actually one of the most awesome and inspiring things they could study.

As Darwin said "there is grandeur in this view of life".

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Everything needs power to live. Have they discovered the power yet?

Yes. It's the sun. Don't stare at it.

Sorry I have to disagree.

You choose to disagree. You also choose to be willfully ignorant.

• N.drew
    N.drew

All the stubborn people believe in evolution. All the cool people believe in createdness. I should write a book.

I realize that the process of evolution is a real process. It does not explain complexity, thought, will and whatever else I would but in my book. But alas no book. Maybe some day. It's probably too late to write a counter argument to compete against the theory of evolution. People love their evolution. People do not love my quirky vision.

• rebel8
  • Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

If you'd like to read up about evolutionary misconceptions, I direct you to the same sites as I suggested previously (their FAQ page)

here

And talkorigins

here

• cofty
    cofty

It does not explain complexity, thought

That is like saying gravity doesn't explain why things fall to the ground.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't think it's fair calling people willfully ignorant...that is just your opinion.

sometimes it takes a while for the lightbulb to switch on...sometimes people just don't understand something...

I think it is very arrogant saying that about someone.

actually rebel8....that little cartoon above could be compared to someone who says 'you just hate god' to 'you're just willfully ignorant'

Both of those statements are based on opinion and not fact.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

It does not explain complexity, thought, will and whatever else I would but in my book.

I assume you're well versed on what Evolution DOES say about complexity, thought and will?

If you acknowledge evolution as a 'real process', as you claim, then you should understand that evolution explains complexity quite well.

• Mary
    Mary

*Disclaimer: I am not the 'Mary' being quoted in this thread. (thank christ........)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit