Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

hahaha! I'm going to read them all It's the plan. Somebody else called you Crofty! Cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

Somebody else called you Crofty

Tell me who - I'll hunt them down!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The insult ... is for the reader, any reader at all, who thinks that they are smarter than not."

So the insult is intended for everyone that would dare to question the basis for your opinions. Thanks for clarifying.

"you dear Billy"

Condescending and patronizing, as if I were a foolish child. I recognize the standard operating procedure for people who are incapable of intelligent debate.

Next you can begin attacking me and calling me a "sinner and a godless, communist, puppy-kicker" for questioning the logic of this opinion:

"it is not enough to prove no YHWH."

Why not begin by proving that YHWH is nothing more than a fictition bronze age fantasy. It's easy enough to take your statement and state:

it is not enough to prove no Santa.

it is not enough to prove no Tooth Fairy.

it is not enough to prove no Buddha.

it is not enough to prove no Vishnu.

Face the fact that you believe what you choose to believe, not based on any concrete proof. Stop attacking the persons that would dare to question your logic and respect the beliefs of others.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The proof is life. And I'm an old lady which gives me license to be " Condescending and patronizing". Please!

Life 101. Cause leads to effect. Proof. That is why science works! Because of the law of cause and effect.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Evolution depends on death over countless generations. If god used evolution to produce life as we know it today then he is the author and designer of immeasurable carnage.

This is an excellent point! I have to digest it for a bit to make it my own. I read a lot about evolution---but not about the argument for evolution---so I'm still picking up bits. If a creator did use evolution to bring us about, then he/she most certainly DID ordain us to die. Without death, there is no natural selection, there is not evolution. BUT we die because of Adam's sin, and it wasn't part of the original plan. The two concepts exclude each other.

WoW.

NC

• TD
    TD
    Evolution depends on death over countless generations. If god used evolution to produce life as we know it today then he is the author and designer of immeasurable carnage.

Yes. In a similar vein, it's incredibly ironic (At least to me) that I've repeatedly found myself explaining creationism and its basic tenets (Which I do not actually agree with) to show that it would be a complete repudiation of creationism to deny that God must be the author of the predator/prey relationship.

It's one of the most egregious contradictions in the JW view of 'creation.' On one hand, they claim that all animals were created as vegetarians, but on the other hand, they claim that scavengers like the hyena and Maribou Stork and symbiotic relationships like the shark/cleaner fish, sea anemone/clown fish, water buffalo/Ox-pecker bird are evidence of a wise Creator (!)

• cofty
    cofty

Hi New Chapter - I read your post and for some reason I thought it was Tec and I was really excited at the thought she had finally taken something on board. Then I looked more carefully and realised I was preaching to the choir. Ah well we live in hope that evidence might slowly do its work.

TD - It always amazes me that creationists claim that their god made all things and yet they demonstrate a woeful knowledge of his works. In all my years as a JW I met one person who had a love of natural history. He inspired me many years ago. He left the borg soon after I did.

• tec
    tec

Tec - Evolution does not disprove god's existence but it does make her redundant.

The paint does not make the painter redundant.

You want to hold on to both thesm and evolution but you constantly get into a complete muddle trying to reconcile them.

Constantly get into a muddle? I don't think so. I know there are things I don't understand. But that is why I don't take a black and white 'this is the only way to understand something' stand. You don't throw everything out just because you don't understand a couple of things about it.

Here is one of the most illogical things I have ever read.

He did not design with death through predation in mind. Death entered the world through Adam.
    This demonstrates a woeful lack of understanding of the real world. How could life arise through evolution over millions of years without death through predation, starvation and parasites?

Maybe there was something different in mind. (no carnivores; no falling to disease and parasites - being able to remain in or traverse between the physical and the spiritual would leave us without fear of anything that could cause harm in the physical world) Or maybe the death spoken of had to do with the spirit within us; rather than the physical. Or maybe we misunderstand what was meant in the story altogether. Or maybe death is necessary for new life in a limited space; though the spiritual need not have such boundaries. If we weren't confined to the physical, then that would not matter.

Or it is all a lie. That is also an option... along with all the options you and I can't even conceive of at this time in our understanding of the universe. You choose that last option (lie)... I choose Christ, and therefore God.

Peace, Tammy
  • tec
    tec

Hi New Chapter - I read your post and for some reason I thought it was Tec and I was really excited at the thought she had finally taken something on board.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Heeerreee he issss.... the monkey of looooovvve......

Come to me children... come to me. You are a product of me. That is why you fear me.

Kiss me... kiss the monkey or there will be consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit