Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Real beauty, the lasting kind, is inside."

Technically, it's intelligence that's on the inside. And being polite comes from the inside. Sadly, insults and name-calling can come from the inside, too.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Only by accepting help and friendship can you fill your hollow insides and become truly beautiful throughout and stop relying on the hollow platitudes of men for your self worth.

weren't you breast fed EP? That bloody bottle has a lot to answer for...lol *just kidding for any ladies that get upset*

let me translate that

Only by accepting help.......translated....only by listening to me and my opinion and advice can you become truly beautiful and not like those other bitches out there that have given me a hard time and made me bitter. Now if only I could fix women so they would be the way I want them the world would be a better place.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Here's an interesting article. I always thought this was the case. Now it has been researched. The 11 year old went along with her gut feeling, that's all. And that is exactly what all of you are doing, exercising your "gut-feeling".

Belief in evolution boils down to a gut feeling

How we feel may trump facts as well as religious beliefs, research suggests

Gut feelings may trump good old-fashioned facts, and even religious beliefs, when it comes to accepting the theory of evolution, new research suggests.

"The whole idea behind acceptance of evolution has been the assumption that if people understood it, if they really knew it, they would see the logic and accept it," study co-author David Haury, an associate professor of education at Ohio State University, said in a statement.

But, he noted, research on the matter has been inconsistent. While one study would find a strong relationship between knowledge level and acceptance, another would not. Likewise, studies have contradicted each other on the relationship between religious identity and acceptance of evolution , he said.

Haury and his colleagues figured that another unexplored factor must be at work. Previous research has shown that the human brain doesn't judge the merits of an idea solely on logic, but also on how intrinsically true the idea feels: Could this process of intuitive reasoning help explain why some people are more accepting of evolution than others?

To find out, the researchers recruited 124 pre-service biology teachers at different stages in a standard teacher preparation program at two Korean universities. They chose to look at students in Korea because teacher preparation programs in the country are quite standardized. "In Korea, people all take the same classes over the same time period and are all about the same age, so it takes out a lot of extraneous factors," Haury explained.

Moreover, about half of Koreans don't identify themselves as belonging to any particular religion, he said. In the U.S., only about 16 percent of people are religiously unaffiliated, according to the Pew Research Center. (Religion can be a reason for not accepting evolution, as some think it goes against a god as a creator.)

The researchers first asked the students a series of questions to measure their overall acceptance of evolution, teasing out whether they generally believed the main concept sand scientific findings that define the theory of evolution . Next, they tested the students on their knowledge of evolutionary science with questions about various processes, such as natural selection. For each question, the students wrote down how certain they felt about the correctness of their answers — an indicator of their gut feelings.

They found that intuition had a significant impact on what the students accepted, no matter how much they knew and regardless of their religious beliefs. Even students with a greater knowledge of evolutionary facts weren't more likely to accept the theory unless they also had a strong gut feeling about the facts, the results showed.

The study has important implications for the teaching of evolution, the researchers said. Informing students about this conflict between intuition and logic may help them judge ideas on their merits.

"Educationally, we think that's a place to start," Haury said. "It's a concrete way to show them, 'Look, you can be fooled and make a bad decision, because you just can't deny your gut.'"

The study was published in the January 2012 issue of Journal of Research in Science Teaching.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, still thinking, I am happy to say that your dark misogynist view of the world is not one I share. I truly didn't (and still don't) think of you as a woman, but rather as another human in obvious pain that needs help, more like a wounded animal snapping and snarling at the vet trying to help it.

It's sad and rather telling that one of your first thoughts was to project your anger at women and to weakly attempt to project that anger and hatred on me. I understand. I often see emotionally retarded children blaming their actions on everyone else. It's no different here, your retardation is causing you to lash out.

You just need help. Stop self hating. Stop hating other women. Accept the offer of help. You are not a bitch no matter how poorly you treat others, both women and mend.

You can get better.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Hot and sexy women often need help. They get such a lift from their physical appearance but inside they are hollow and they choose to fill that with rage, hate and anger. Still thinking has demonstrated that amply on this thread, attacking, digging, throwing tantrums when love and friendship were offered to her. Perhaps beautiful on the outside, but rotted and dead on the inside.
    Just remember, no matter how dead you feel on the inside, no matter how much you long to be told you are beautiful because that's the only thing that has ever given you any self worth, it's not true. Whatever beauty desperate men tell you they see in you, it's only skin deep. Real beauty, the lasting kind, is inside. Only by accepting help and friendship can you fill your hollow insides and become truly beautiful throughout and stop relying on the hollow platitudes of men for your self worth.

no...you don't think of me as a woman that needs fixing at all

more like a wounded animal snapping and snarling at the vet trying to help it.

I'm not even going say what I think about that comment.

It's sad and rather telling that one of your first thoughts was to project your anger at women and to weakly attempt to project that anger and hatred on me

project what anger at women? It is just an old saying that is as pathetic as your miserable diagnosis of me. Check your book...you might find something else. Have you printed off your certificate yet.

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

N. Drew. Not sure if what you are saying about chance is in response to me, but if it is. . .

I can see that it sounds weird to say that chance and randomness factor in and at the same time say it is a misconception that evolution is due to chance.

But sometimes the subtle differences do matter. When people say chance is a factor in evolution that is different than saying it is the only factor. And when it is a factor, it's not in the way you might think.

I and others who you hear try to point out something like people misusing the word "chance" when talking about evolution, probably do so, not to try to sound smart or some other reason. But it is because when those who oppose, or possibly don't understand evolution say something akin to "So I'm supposed to believe that all the complexity of life arose by chance?" it doesn't appear (at least to me) that they understand the role chance plays, or want to. Rather they know that stating things that way does make it sound unreasonable to believe that is what happened.

If it is out of lack of understanding about the subject, that is one thing. But it is dishonest to intentionally do that, wouldn't you agree?

For instance, doesn't it annoy you when people say that if you believe in God and have a personal relationship with Him, you're just blindly believing or delusional?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Before the first sequence made it to it's finished functioning form there was slight to no "environment" to force it into anything. There was just simple (as in small plain) materials and some kind of catalyst. That happened a zillion times. And on this side of the planet and on that side of the planet life formed harmoniously. Eventually when the life had a life only then could the environment effect it in major ways.

So to say random chance did it is silly. Materials plus catalyst plus the correct environment plus chance did it.

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

wait, so does what you just described not sound at all possible?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I already discussed my belief that I think the age of the universe does not allow enough time for every sequence that needed to be the right sequence to have happened and they called me stupid. So I don't want to talk about it.

• tec
    tec

You're not stupid at all, Nancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit