1914 to 2014: The funniest JW moments of this century.

by African GB Member Jr 39 Replies latest social humour

• rebel8
    rebel8

The prohibition on colored socks.

I think we're coming up with examples of strangeness more than funniness.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i think the GB are all wankers
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "Mr. Vincent Toole ( that's not the funny part), stated (among other steaming piles) that 'shunning is a myth'."

A name like "Toole" is always funny.

The "shunning is a myth" thing didn't make me laugh, though.

It just pissed me off.

Lying is cheating, and if you have to cheat to defend your religion, your religion doesn't deserve to be defended.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Vidiot: Lying is cheating, and if you have to cheat to defend your religion, your religion doesn't deserve to be defended. 

But if you lie for Jehovah, "the god of truth", it's perfectly acceptable. Just cloak it under the euphemism of "Theocratic War Strategy" and you're good to go. 

A name like "Toole" is always funny.

So true. I just wish his first name was Dick. 

• Splash
    Splash

Well there was that information about mediums that Jesus gave to the Judge one year after choosing the F&DS:

From 1920 WT publication "Talking with the Dead":

p. 116 Materializations
    "These materializations occur by a power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance. They thus transform the medium into a hideous octopus-like creature, and this is the reason seances occur in a dimly lit room, with the medium in a cabinet, so that the circle of investigators cannot witness the horrible scene as it really is."

https://archive.org/stream/talkingwithdead00ruth#page/116/mode/2up

Splash

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Vidiot- Yes the name Toole is hilarious, and shunning is not a myth- I was being ironic.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance. They thus transform the medium into a hideous octopus-like creature

No WAY!! smh. wow.

this is the reason seances occur in a dimly lit room, with the medium in a cabinet

Yeah, it's not because the medium is playing a hoax on everyone which won't work if they can see her do it. Because Occam's Razor isn't true at all. 8~

• kaik
    kaik
    Do not forget the sexy miniskirt sister Sofia with high heels from California and her husband Caleb taking picture behind cartoon character. They moved fashion from 1940 style into the 1970's! All other is just nonsense from WT from the publishing department.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

When you are a delegate at an international convention , even when you are sightseeing you should dress as though you were at a meeting.

No jogger shoes , runners etc.,  No denim  dresses for females and no denim jeans for males  , men should be clean shaven , and wear a tie , women should not wear slacks , always wear your lapel card , You are representing the most high of the universe , so give a good witness to the community your witnessing to .

Dress accordingly

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

At a Yankee stadium convention, after the 1958 one, Freddy franz was haranguing the delegates not to give Blood transfusions to their pets. You had to hear it in his high-pitched voice and " the children -- given me: Ol--?

should have packed in right there.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit