1914 to 2014: The funniest JW moments of this century.

by African GB Member Jr 39 Replies latest social humour

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    rebel8, here's an addition for your Apostate Dictionary: JW Lie-brary as in "I just downloaded the latest JW Lie-brary for Android.  
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "...and shunning is not a myth - I was being ironic."

I realize that; I meant that I was pissed at Vincent Toole for lying.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

1914 to 2014: The funniest JW moments of this century.

The really disturbing thing is, WT has gotten so absurd that a century is too large a chunk of time to recount the hilarity.

"Funny WT moments this week", or "today", is probably as far out in time you want to go to keep the list to a managable size. 

• smiddy
    smiddy

If he had been born a girl could his name have been Fanny Toole ?

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "The really disturbing thing is, WT has gotten so absurd that a century is too large a chunk of time to recount the hilarity."

I know, right? The WTFness dial is cranked up to 11 these days.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"WTFness" ( from the Unabridged Vidctionary of Modern Watchtower-isms)

Indeed. 

• Zordino
    Zordino

The Overlapper teaching is actually pretty hilarious.  also the Contemporaries, the Gen that saw 1914 will not pass away.. the list goes on and on.  

The fact that they made that ridiculous Masterbation Video... I Just Know the GB are a Bunch of Pally Wackers for sure.   

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think I have to agree with ADCMS: the millions campaign leading up to 1925, with Rutherford confidently expecting the return of the 'ancient worthies' - the liquor-loving lunatic thought that Daniel, Moses et al would be comfortable, post-resurrection, in a Californian mansion. That was a belter, wasn't it!

Also some WTS views on dinosaurs and extant species are hilarious and seemingly hard to parody, although I expect Jehovah's Trumpet website has had/will have a bash at it. 

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Colored socks? What about a mismatched pair, i.e., one black and one white? 
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    I found this "gem" interesting:

The men locked hands ..., and stood for more than two hours to assure uninterrupted passage for Rutherford's automobile. - Dodgy move for a homophobic organization! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit