Is there a new sense of urgency due to 2012 ?

by av8orntexas 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''My father made a comment about 6 months ago. He said something like, "There isn't much time to come back. We may shortly see a time where the doors will be closed to Jehovah's earthly organization."

LOL! Even if jehovah Governing Body shuts the door (ala 1935? annointed) it will magicaly reopen when the membership money gets too low.

Oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think 2012 is significant any more that EVERY year is going to be the big 'A' to a JW.

IMHO once a JW meets an 'inactive' (TM) JW they bring out the fear of 'Armageddon' (TM) card as per their programming.

JWs need to believe the end is SOON as their lives are miserable in the GB's service and they want it to end in 'paradise' (TM). It's a desparate need and getting more desparate with all the disappointments thus far. EG 'Stay alive til '75'!

They tell you the end is 'soon' (TM) and it convinces them all their woes will soon be over, not to mention the slaughter of their 'apostate' (TM) family and loved ones........but it makes them feel relieved.................temporarily at least.

The GB are not mentioning the 'overlapping' (TM) hilarity much, if at all as I understand it. As the doctrines and pharisee laws of the GB are torn apart on the internet they are concentrating on shunning, information control and all propaganda that diverts the JWs away from the obvious stupidity and downright double dealing lies of the GB.

How happifying!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They really need to go back? They have been pushing that rubbish since 1872, so certain that it would come in 1874. And that was only the latest in the series of similar predictions dating back to the 1830s. Then when 1874 went bust, they were so sure it was coming in 1914--another bust. After that flop, they were dead sure that 1925 was it, then 1941. Then they urged people to sell out and pious-sneer between 1967 and 1975, because the end was coming for sure by October 1975. Not only did November 1975 come, but so did 1976--and when 1976 came, they blamed the witlesses for taking it so seriously after themselves hounding them to sell out and pious-sneer.

I personally believe that there will be no God-inspired spiritual awakening, Rapture, or judgment day coming any time soon (if at all). If anything drastic happens, it will be because Rick Perry gets "dragged" back into the presidential race (I believe his dropping out was about as sincere as Osama Obama's threat to veto NDAA was). I believe it will be through man's efforts culminating in mass human enslavement and not God's judgment that will ultimately cause doom for mankind (doom, that is, to drudgery replacing joy, and all happiness being stripped out of the human race). I also believe that there is nothing to be gained by reading the Bible--yes, you might be able to defer your dose of problems up to the point where the enslavement itself begins by procuring for yourselves silver and gold, and learning to rely on yourself. But no religious group is going to prepare you or prevent you from entering this enslavement--or offer anything better after you die.

And much less going back to wasting your time peddling littera-trash. That is the worst thing you can do--you are learning nothing useful that can help you in a crisis, you are wasting resources on field circus and boasting session attendance, and you are learning nothing but rubbish.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW Box Heads repeat the Same Sentence every day for Decades..

So it must be True..

"Armageddon is Almost Here!"

http://26.media.tumblr.com/TnWS4yCW0prur6mfR2rpfAFJo1_500.jpg

.......................... ..OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The rules always change. another year, more new light......

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but there is also the "misery loves company" factor. So when an active witness sees an inactive one living life, care free, they want to make sure you can be just as miserable as they are, waiting a century for gods kingdom to make a move.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok that is definately the case. JW's are so like that even to other active JW's. If u are doing well financially, you must be involved in wrongdoing and u don't have a simple eye

• d
    d

Man Jw's are so out of touch with reality.

• d
    d

I wonder how the jw's feel now. Now that we are here in 2013.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I got the 2012 raz ma tazz by family a few years ago. "Go bags", congregation emergency lists, yada, yada!

I need to dig out those old emails and return them....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit