Is there a new sense of urgency due to 2012 ?

by av8orntexas 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They won't tie themselves to all the nutjobs that are predicting the end this year. They are a different set of nutjob, predicting the end with no date in mind.

But in 2013 they will no doubt reference them, calling them out for being false prophets. Same thing they did to Harold Camping recently.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I've noticed, maybe not a sense of urgency, but anxiety. I truly believe 2014 is a MAJOR psychological factor in many minds. I think there are ones out there that think the system can't possibly last A FULL ONE HUNDRED YEARS without gods kingdom taking action. I hope as 2014 comes and goes, at least SOME of my family and friends start to wake up. I'll be there to help.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I NEVER thought I'd look at some of these people as nuts,crazy,or just plain silly.

Nah their just poorly educated people who have been emotionally manipulated and exploited by a devious and conniving

religious publishing house.

Stupid could also be used depending on their expressed actions.

Most JWS have been cultivated into organization by using tactics of fear and most remain there as well under that same premise.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My father made a comment about 6 months ago. He said something like, "There isn't much time to come back. We may shortly see a time where the doors will be closed to Jehovah's earthly organization." That's what caused me to start looking into this website.

I thought that maybe this past year's District Convestion may have promoted the above idea. Turns out that there wasn't a single new thought at the DC. In fact, I remember getting the tract dealing with Daniel's vision of the statue for the DC. It sounds like that whole thing was a huge marketting gimmick.

Since the 19th century the Watch Tower Society has been saying, "The end is so close." Yes, over a period of 3 centuries that warning has been given. 3 centuries!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But in 2013 they will no doubt reference them, calling them out for being false prophets. Same thing they did to Harold Camping recently.

Same way they belittled the Jim Jones people for being a cult - at the very same time they were forcing Ray Franz off the GB and out of Bethel.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

There is also that new public WT with the mushroom cloud on it, probably has got a few loyal JWs thinking about the big A more than usual.

• mind blown
    mind blown

the only REAL sense of urgency the GB is feeling, is that they are loseing grip on followers. The good ol scare staright tactic to keep some in.

• mind blown
    mind blown

However, I do wonder at times. And you know why? Because the WTS is falling apart and the GB has turned into an evil slave class.......

• LoJack
    LoJack

One sister I know approached me at an Exxon gas station. Offered the mags and said we only have this much time left. Holding her fingers just barely apart. I said that looks like about 100 more years left to me sister. And continued pumping my gas.

Lojack

• LoJack
    LoJack

One sister I know approached me at an Exxon gas station. Offered the mags and said we only have this much time left. Holding her fingers just barely apart. I said that looks like about 100 more years left to me sister. And continued pumping my gas.

Lojack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit