Is there a new sense of urgency due to 2012 ?

by av8orntexas 39 Replies latest jw friends

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I haven't attended the meetings on a regular basis,since about 2008. A meeting period in about 2 years.

Probably 6 months ago I ran into a brother, whom was working at a local grocery store. He was making a delivery as a vendor,somehow we got to talking,religion came up and he found out I am a JW, though I told hime I no longer attend. Saw him like a week agao at the same store and just happened to look up and see him staring at me. Literally staring. If I hadn't gone up and said hi just be cordial, he'd have never spoken. I looked at it as if we talked before..........it would be rude not to say something.

Long and short of it, he was like "You really need to come back. Things are getting back and we don't have alot of time left. " "The end is REALLY close and around the corner. "

Yesterday at work. I work for a large company and in this city we are the largest employer, and thus we also employ lots of JW's whom I at times see daily in passing, every few months, and at times may work with for a day, or part of a day."

Worked with a brother yesterday, hadn't worked with him in months. Right off the bat........ "How are you doing ? What have you been up to ?" "Been making the meeting ? "Somehow he wound up asking if I had done 'anything' to cause me to stay away from the hall. Well of course I have. Regarding women....it's about more than that. I got that out my system early and OFTEN when I stopped going. But I'm living life,working,traveling,watching and listening to what I want and going to all the ball games I can take in. Basically enjoying me and living.

He too got all serious with me and was like , "You really need to come back. The time is short and we don't have alot of time left." "This sytem is about to end soon."

I know they've always pushed that theme, the end is near soon. But it's like everybody has that excited sound in their voice now...."Oh man, we're right there Brother. Alot of things are happening."

EVERYBODY keeps saying things are happening ? Anyone else been hearing this kind of talk ?

Every dub I've come across lately is 24/7/365 Jehovah x10.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe they have been hitting the same old "end is just around the corner" stuff pretty hard again lately, but I dont think 2012 really has anything to do with it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I do see it in my home with wifey, a few JW friends, and with the WT's lately. I'm sensing a bit of the urgency as things may be bursting at the seams in keeping JW's in. It's odd because just as it has many, many times before, it turns into nothing and another year passes

• d
    d

I see it also, a witness I once knew recently kept telling me we might have WW3 next year.I just ignore stupid comments like that.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I hear ya James Woods. But I had to listen to this brother go on and on and on for about 45 minutes yesterday.

wh happened-Sounds like my mom. The sky is ALWAYS falling in her world.

The intersting thing is I'm actually doin g better. Financially and healthwise. Two areas that as a dub I was constantly hamstrung.As the brother at work told me yesterday...."some get themselves in trouble and come back....."

I know for a fact one brother is awaiting my demise. and I guess the god of this world has 'blessed' me.

Just VERY tired of the 'end of this system is at the doorstep' BS.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

WW3. smh.

If Tim Tebow would have beaten my Patriots and gone on to Win the super bowl, I'd have gone back to the hall.

But alas, Timmy lost and oh well !

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok what's their basis for WW3 this year?

• sir82
    sir82

The Watchtower Society: Bringing you the message "the world is ending really soon - any day now!" for the past 133 years (and counting)....

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

133 years is a loooooong time.

At one time I was a regular pioneer. I NEVER thought I'd look at some of these people as nuts,crazy,or just plain silly.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well...........around here things are just the same old, same old.. The end has always been close. We have been on the doorstep of the New World, and watching the death throes of Satan's system, for so long that I have grown from a young child to a retired man in the process

If anything some are delighted that the World's economy is struggling - and they love to hear the scare stories about the "threats" from Nth Korea and Iran, as well as anything else bad that happens.

Is there anything significant about 2012? Only to those who chose to believe the prognostications based on the Mayan calendar - and they are not J W's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit