Childbirth, A Protection For Women (Per Paul)... How?

by AGuest 212 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is that your fault? Your robot executed the action that killed the person. You designed and built the robot. Are you to blame?

Yes, but you have no legal responsibility for the death and there should be no action taken against you. But you are part of the cause. I'll say it again, NO amount of details no matter how specific will absolve ALL blame from the builder.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So all this shit of people killing people is God's fault? That's the logical conclusion of your argument.

Yes, and he takes it. You just don't like the way it looks and what results come from it.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's God's responsibility to protect his creation or allow it to suffer. The mainstream Christian concept of Grace is incomplete. Jesus' gruesome death is about God's responsibility for the things he caused. It's not repentance, but merely an assuming of natural responsibility.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This....

Yes, but you have no legal responsibility for the death and there should be no action taken against you.

doesn't match this...

If I build a robot that kills somebody there are no details that could absolve me from all responsibility

You don't get to have it both ways.

Looks I was right again, the devil IS in the details.

Yes, and he takes it. You just don't like the way it looks and what results come from it.

People are born, people die. Some die by others hands. If god is responsible (using your argument) then he should present himself for judgement.

But, since I do not think there is a God, it's not logically consistent to think I don't like the way he does something. I don't think he's doing anything because I don't think he exists.

I AM merely pointing out the logical contradictions you keep putting up.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's God's responsibility to protect his creation or allow it to suffer.

Another one? Sheesh....logically, if it's his responsibility to do one OR the other, he should either protect or stop bothering with us. Since he is doing both (in your world view) he is violating the or part of that.

But, since I don't beleive he exists, it really doesn't matter to me.

I AM just responding to you.

• sabastious
    sabastious

You are so funny, you are trying so hard. Legal responsibility is a separate more specific version of general responsibility which is a law of the universe.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sorry sab, those are details. They don't matter as per you.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Another one? Sheesh....logically, if it's his responsibility to do one OR the other, he should either protect or stop bothering with us. Since he is doing both (in your world view) he is violating the or part of that.

About 6 months ago my son was on our couch. I had been teaching him about edges and how they can be harmful. I was sitting on the chair next to the couch watching him be reckless and not seeing the edge. Instead of removing him from the dangerous environment I allowed him to fall off the couch. I saw it happen before me and I made my way over to him before it happened and placed my hand where his head was going to fall AS he was falling (like figuring out where to put your hand to catch a ball). It was a logical decision on my part. I felt he was too young to feel the pain of smashing his head, but too old to be completely saved from himself so I took a middle-like action. There is no reason to believe that any suffering that happens to humans is not worth it in the long run.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sorry sab, those are details. They don't matter as per you.

Details matter a great deal to me, but never when I am speaking to you. You use details as a crutch to feel right about your wrong conclusions about life and the world around us. I would like to discuss specifics with you, but you abuse them for your own personal cause.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I felt he was too young to feel the pain of smashing his head, but too old to be completely saved from himself so I took a middle-like action.

That's not logically an OR situation you described.

Details matter a great deal to me, but never when I am speaking to you

Ah, so the detail that I use them in ways you don't like is what matters. Got it.

You use details as a crutch to feel right about your wrong conclusions about life and the world around us.

I simply point out facts. If you don't like the results of people comparing one thing you say against another, perhaps you should read what you write more closely and think it through.

I would like to discuss specifics with you, but you abuse them for your own personal cause.

BRING OUT THE COMFY CHAIR!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit