Childbirth, A Protection For Women (Per Paul)... How?

by AGuest 212 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

Just as she was saved for childbirthing so will the listener IF the pregnant woman endures in faith, love, sanctification with self restraint. (It was a qualifier for a mother who might be thinking of Cain and Abel) The Lord said so. It's in the Bible.

Nevermind.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dratted formatting...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Zid,

Besides the fewer elements needed in conspiracy compared to the actual crime elements, conspiray is mainly a matter of mental state. It is hard to prove someone's intent at a certain point in time by their outer actions. Conspiracy is often used to trap political dissenters. What is a conspiracy differs widely from state to state with no regional trend. Compared to other crimes, it is used as a springboard for civil rights and policy discussions.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Paul was not a Roman. His family were merely prominent enough to garner Roman citizenship, Many foreigners were gifted with Roman citizenship.

"When they heard him speak to them in Aramaic, they became very quiet. Then Paul said: "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, butbrought up in this city."Acts 22:2, 3

"When the centurion heard this, he went to the commander and reported it. "What are you going to do?" he asked. "This man is a Roman citizen." The commander went to Paul and asked, "Tell me, are you a Roman citizen?" "Yes, I am," he answered. Then the commander said, "I had to pay a lot of money for my citizenship." "But I was born a citizen," Paul replied. Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realized that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains."Acts 22:26-29

A Roman is someone who was born or who has family ties to Rome, the imperial city."

"With a history going back over 2,000 years, Tarsus has long been an important stop for traders, a focal point of many civilisations including the Roman Empire, when Tarsus was capital of the province of Cilicia, the scene of the first meeting between Mark Antony and Cleopatra, and the birthplace of Paul the Apostle. Pompey (born September 29, 106 BC) subjected Tarsus to Rome, and it became capital of the Roman province of Cilicia, the metropolis where the governor resided. In 66 BC, the inhabitants received Roman citizenship."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsus,_Mersin

I repeat... in case those who "know" STILL don't get it:

"I was BORN a citizen."

A slave of Christ,

SA

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Just as she was saved for childbirthing so will the listener IF the pregnant woman endures in faith, love, sanctification with self restraint. (It was a qualifier for a mother who might be thinking of Cain and Abel) The Lord said so. It's in the Bible.
    Nevermind.

OK, nevermind. I guess I have forgotten how to read and understand N.Drew. I thought I knew at one time.

• N.drew
    N.drew

No you didn't! Haha

• N.drew
    N.drew

I believe Paul or whoever the hell wrote Timothy knew wibble.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    No you didn't! Haha

I just said I thought I did.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I believe Paul or whoever the hell wrote Timothy knew wibble.

I thought that was John or whoever wrote Revelation...

• AGuest
    AGuest

What, no reference to what Professor So-and-so wrote? No comment from some esteemed theological or other "experts'" on where Paul was born... what citizenship he actually held... and on what basis? No reference from a much revered scholar or other author as to whether Tarsus was REALLY in Cilicia? Or whether Cilicia was REALLY a province of Rome? Was Paul really even FROM Tarsus... his previous name "Saul of TARSUS" notwithstanding? Where's all the "expert" commentary?

Seriously... the silence is deafening. So much, my "ears" almost "hurt." Sure.

A slave of CHRIST,

SA, who isn't feeling very "nice", right now, as you may can tell (although, perhaps not, given the [very] dim "light" some apparently [try to] see by)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit