Whistleblower — Watchtower’s Dump

by Marvin Shilmer 100 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

A) The watchtower is nothing more than a corporation. They will pay the fine, yada yada yada... ;)

B) Marvin, don't let the hippies get to you. I'm certain you know what I'm talking about. ;D I like your blog and I am on it more often than here. Keep up the good work which is a lot more than I can say for people who do nothing but bitch.

Thank you, and goodnight everybody.

Kind Regards,

Shamooskiechuckles.

• cedars
    cedars

Note to self: never try to stand up for another poster when someone is being downright nasty to them.

Lesson learned.

Cedars

• mind blown
    mind blown

First off. To all, the utmost best, into the New Year

When I first read this post a thought came to mind, "well these barrals are very, very, old. What were dumping laws back then?" However, on futher consideration, It really doesn't matter what the laws were back then. The WTS still knew, in this current century, those barrels were "still" there with updated disposal laws, and hadn't done anything about it. It's not like they didn't have the money. And, it doesn't matter if they felt the big A was coming. It's the law of the land.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

slimboyfat writes:

“…maybe this was it?”

No, that’s not the thread. The one I spoke of was in 2006 (perhaps as early as late 2005) and the primary discussion was not about pollution but something unrelated (which I vaguely recall was about someone trying to make contact with ex-Bethelites). The subject at issue was a comment buried in that discussion and it caused me to start digging. There is more to this whole incident that has yet to hit the air waves, but so far the source has not given permission to share it publicly.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Cedars writes:

“Note to self…”

I love you, and I’m glad to be able to say it.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Violia
    Violia

Yes, Marvin, a lot of us follow your blog. keep on keeping on. applaud to all who have put their money/time/energy etc where their mouth was

Shamus, :) " don't let the hippies get you." understand

• Achille
    Achille

Atlantis write: «Watchtower Fined $30,000

Cheque 221868 March 7, 2002 ***

[Copy of cheque, payment of fine for polluting a pond]

[Obtained using Freedom of Information Act request: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Environmental Enforcement, 14th Floor, 625 Broadway, Albany,New York 12233-5500]...»

You have other information about the fine of $ 30,000 paid by the WTS in 2002 for pollution?

I ask because there are Jehovah's Witnesses Italians who say that it is not a fine but a simple tax, paid regularly by the WTS.

I tried to search in the site of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Environmental Enforcement, but I could not find anything.

Can you give me some other informations on this point?

Achille

• pontoon
    pontoon

If a brother in a congregation was illegally dumping and it made the news for sure that bro would be facing a judicial committee because of bringing "reproach" on Jeh's name. So who's heads are going to roll at the farm? The brothers that said go ahead and do it, or the brothers that actually did it, or the brothers that knew about it and said nothing? NONE OF the ABOVE. Chances are it will be for the most part glossed over, covered up, and swept under the carpet. Some fines will be paid, Wat will be looked at as being good guys by their excellent cooperation with DEC, and no one will be held personally responsible. Their damage and spin control is without parallel. Let's hope the DEC is in a foul mood and stay's on this investigation with dilligence, because the Farm has hid pollution from the DEC in the past and will do it again. Hope they don't get away with it.

• designs
    designs

All paid for with our money (well not ours anymore).

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I don't think this problem will just go away, especially if there is as much contamination as is suggested by the comments on this site. The people in the Wallkill watershed are serious about water quality. For instance look at this website:

http://www.hudsonwatershed.org/plans09/wallkill.pdf

And this report is interesting, it seems to be a report produced by the Society to satisfy the local authorities concerning impact of changes at Wallkill.

http://www.timmillerassociates.com/publicreview/shawangunk/Watchtower_Farms_Improvements_FEIS.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit