Whistleblower — Watchtower’s Dump

by Marvin Shilmer 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Watchtower Fined $30,000 Cheque 221868 March 7, 2002 ***

[Copy of cheque, payment of fine for polluting a pond]

[Obtained using Freedom of Information Act request: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Environmental Enforcement, 14th Floor, 625 Broadway, Albany,New York 12233-5500]

http://www.myiphonestuff.info/qwotes/scans/2002_March_7_30kcheque_NYState.jpg

$30,000
    NYS DEPT OF ENVIRONMENT CONSERVATION

Atlantis

• carla
    carla

marking, thank you!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The above scan can be found on the old QUOTES website under Religion-Money, and just scoll all the way to the bottom quote where the scan is available.

http://www.myiphonestuff.info/qwotes/religion-money.htm

Atlantis

• cedars
    cedars

Scenic Viewer - thanks for that, I'm glad you like the site! There should be a comment box at the bottom of the story where you can give your comment. You can also "register" on the bottom right hand side of the welcome page. It would be nice if you could leave a comment, so please do if you have the time!

Atlantis - wow, that's impressive stuff. I had a feeling when reading the thoughts of Barbara Anderson that this might be the tip of the iceberg. This document appears to be evidence that the recent discovery is only a small element of a wider legacy of environmental neglect on the part of the Society. The hypocrisy must be obvious, even to hardened JW apologists.

Cedars

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Will the rank and file view this as persecution?

Bangalore

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Here is the DEC information BTW:

1C356042</form></form></form>

Sawmill Place Remediation Area A SRA-A

BCPAULSTERWallkill10 Sawmill Place
    2C356043</form>Sawmill Place Remediation Area B SRA-BBCPAULSTERWallkill10 Sawmill Place
    3C356044</form>Sawmill Place Remediation Area C SRA-CBCPAULSTERWallkill10 Sawmill Place

Type of WasteQuantity of Waste
    BENZENEUNKNOWN
    CHROMIUMUNKNOWN
    NAPHTHALENEUNKNOWN
    PCB-AROCLOR 1248UNKNOWN
    PCB-AROCLOR 1260UNKNOWN
    XYLENE (MIXED)

UNKNOWN

Each report details how much (ppm) was found in the soil. It's staggering.

• designs
    designs

Knorr could have given a rats ass about the health and safety of the Bethelites.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Thanks Atlantis - so they were fined $30,000 in 2002 - almost TEN YEARS AGO? They really do bury their secrets...this info needs to be shouted from the rooftops - had I known this in 2002, I would have severed my relationship with that sorry organization AT ONCE. Hypocrites.

• life is to short
  • designs
    designs

Meeting- Did the Society publish any articles bashing 'worldly corporations' for pollution in 2002-3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit