I still miss Teena Marie...

by serenitynow! 61 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Teena Marie just didn't do anything for me.

You couldn't hear her, dear one... because you were concerned with how she LOOKED. If you think hard enough on that, you'll realize that she wasn't the only one who experienced this. (Should also tell you something as to why JWs are SO concerned about how they look... on the outside. You know, the whole suit/long skirt-wearin', no beards/braids, carrying bookbags, thing? LOOKS "good", don't it? Virtually ain't a LICK of truth in what they SAY, though, is there?).

All she did was yell.

Au contrare, dear one, contrare. She had great lungs, yes, and could use them well. But she sang just as many soft, warm, "quiet" songs as she did "party" stuff. And if you're thinkin' about "Fire and Desire", well, it was a duet with Rick James - what'd you expect? Rick did NOTHING "quiet". Not dissin' him (an oldhead expression, perhaps - well, almost; my kids used in growing up) - I loved Rick's music. And the Mary Jane Girls... Often wondered about HIM, though ("I'm Rick James, bia..!"), yes, but his music was off the chain, IMHO, when I was a young'un...

Peace... and be nice, man. C'mon: no one cares what you thought about Teena Marie in the negative - this was a thread for those who LIKED her and her music, y'know?

SA, hummin'... "Whoo-woo-ooh, Mary Ja-ane!!"... on her own...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Miz we do have your best interest at heart

that's why I'm gonna share some advice with you

stop being overly critical , except people for who they

are and not what you want them to be

and get some "POON TANG " trust, you will be one happyfied witnesss

once you find that magic well, in which you can dwell , you will look at

life in a whole "NEW LIGHT "

LUV WUZ

• wasblind
    wasblind

BTT

• AGuest
    AGuest
    No offense ma, but aren't you the same woman who claims to eat out in public with your adoring husband all the while you're having visions and flashbacks of Jaheshua Miscajah?

See, now, chile', der ya'll go: not listenin'! Whut owt in de publik? We don' haf ta be owt in publik fo' dat! Happins t'home all 'de time: in da kichen, da brekfus nuk, 'n de dinin' rume, too! Whereva' we eats, chile! 'N sum places we don', az well. AND... we don' even hafta be eating!

Lawd, boy... clean out 'yo AIRS!!

Peace... and pay atenshun, chile!

SA, by her ownsef... and axin' kin sumbody pleez git dis chile a kewtip?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Often wondered about HIM, though ("I'm Rick James, bia..!"), yes, but his music was off the chain, IMHO, when I was a young'un...

I wondered about him when I peeped him in those thigh high stripper boots I can't deny how dope he was though.

You couldn't hear her, dear one... because you were concerned with how she LOOKED.

See I take offense to this. Music is subjective, and one woman's treasure as in your case, is in my case another man's garbage. All she did was yell. I wonder had it not been for Rick's involvement in her career, would she have been simply another one hit wonder?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

To each his or her own Miz.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh Miz, you sad sad man..... You are making yourself look the fool with your yaking about a womans looks! Hell if you met me, you would be speechless picking on all my flaws! Like I posted on another of your threads, unless your a handsome brute that EVERY woman on this planet looks upon and drools then YOU have NO place to criticise another persons looks!

Really Miz you are just portraying yourself you be a ass!

Peace

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Oh Miz, you sad sad man..... You are making yourself look the fool with your yaking about a womans looks! Hell if you met me, you would be speechless picking on all my flaws! Like I posted on another of your threads, unless your a handsome brute that EVERY woman on this planet looks upon and drools then YOU have NO place to criticise another persons looks!
    Really Miz you are just portraying yourself you be a ass!
    Peace

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Teena Marie helped Lenny Kravitz to become Grammy award-winning singer, he says in tribute video..

BY SORAYA ROBERTS DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER Monday, December 27, 2010

Teena Marie may not have been a household name, but she was instrumental in Lenny Kravitz's rise to fame.

The Grammy Award-winning singer posted a message on YouTube Monday from Paris after waking up to find out his "long-time friend" had died suddenly at the age of 54.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Teena, she took me in when I was around 16," he said. "I was just a musician living on the street living from pillar to post."

The 46-year-old singer-songrwiter said she took him in, gave him a bedroom and instruments and trailed him to concerts and recording sessions.

"She nurtured me and helped me to become who I am," he said, adding that he never really talked about their bond in depth.

The duo did however record a duet, "Main Squeeze," that appeared on Marie's 1994 album, "Passion Play."

"She changed my life not only as an artist but as a person who truly loved me for who I was," Kravitz added in his video, before admitting they had been out of contact for the past few years.

"I will always love and respect you," he concluded. "Thank you, Father, for the life of Teena Marie."

But Kravitz is not the only high profile singer who shares a history with Marie. Rap star Common revealed that he and Marie had the same star signs.

"Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before," he tweeted. "That's why 'De Ja Vu' is my favorite song."

Meanwhile, Diddy revealed that he just saw the legendary musician "the other day" before tweeting, "God Bless."

Mary J. Blige opted for the traditional "rest in peace" message before adding, "My Love for u is forever."

One of Marie's younger admirers, Alicia Keys, 29, also tweeted a tribute to the "Ooo La La La" singer.

"God bless Teena Marie & her Family! Sending Blessings & prayers," she wrote on Twitter. "I was just sayin that [Fire and Desire] is one of the most beautifully performed songs!"

...........................................................................................

..........................;-)...OUTLAW

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL at this whole thread. (@ Miz and aguest)

I miss Teena Maire too. Very talented and underrated singer and songwriter and musician...and had a lot of soul.

I know a lot of people put emphasis on the fact that she was a white woman who sung soul music, but I just

liked her cause she was a damn good singer and knew how to bring it!!! I only hope that her daugher will be able to

carry on.

RIP Teena

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit