I still miss Teena Marie...

by serenitynow! 61 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It was 1 year ago today that she died, way too soon. She was a great singer and songwriter and I was lucky enough to see her in concert twice. Unlike these no talent hacks out nowadays, she really could sing, write, and play instruments. She was one of the few celebrity deaths that hurt my heart. Some of my favorite songs by her: Portugese love (of course), Ooh la la, Dejavu, Out on a limb. If anyone has any youtubes of her please post!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oohhhh, me, too, dear Seren (peace to you!). Blasted her "Best" album all the way to Sacto, yesterday (sorry, to my dear ones in that area - and peace to you! Was only up to spend a couple/few hours with the descendants, then right back home to the puppies who had to be left behind. Will catch you all on the next trip!)

Anyway, dear Seren... one of the BEST concerts I ever attended was the Star Child's performance at the Sacto Memorial Auditorium in 2000 or so. The Vanilla Chile' could sing, write lyrics, and orchestrate music like nobody's bizness! She was/is my musical muse. May she sleep "warm... and peaceful"!

SA, on her own...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I wasn't a big fan of her, but she did have some pipes on her, although at times it was kinda difficult to differentiate between her singing and screaming. She was cute back in the day. Her forehead was serious as she got older though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I give up. Miz, you may think the forehead comment was cute in some way but to me it's just another clue as to why you don't have a woman. I think you're looking for perfection but when you find it (if you ever do) how sure are you she's gonna want you?

Getting back to the topic: listening to Teena Marie reminds me of my childhood in the late 70's, there were some good times and a lot of great music.

• FlyingHighNow
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I give up. Miz, you may think the forehead comment was cute in some way but to me it's just another clue as to why you don't have a woman. I think you're looking for perfection but when you find it (if you ever do) how sure are you she's gonna want you?

Woman you're off topic. This thread ain't about me and my haterish ways, it's about Teena Marie, RIP. You can't deny her forehead was serious business though. The space between her hairline and eyebrows was more spaced out than a zone defense.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

George, post a picture of your forehead. Mine's got a big gash scar and swelling on it since I got injured October 10th.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    George, post a picture of your forehead. Mine's got a big gash scar and swelling on it since I got injured October 10th.

Hope you heal up soon, sorry to hear that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Little man (and I say little man cuz I bet I'm taller than you) I believe you have a forehead fetish.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

George, who who would notice that? Just means she was intelligent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit