Regulate Marijuana Like Wine (interesting article)

by sabastious 87 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If it was legal, why would ANYONE buy marijuana? Why wouldn't they just grow their own?

The market would work much like vineyards, so not everyone has a vineyards....or hops gardens or tobacco fields...

-Sab

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The only thing I can say with complete certainty is that if they ever legalize it here in Texas I'm gonna get f****** baked.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Drugs affect everyone differently. Some people marijuana causes severe psychosis - just like all other drugs. You are always gambling...

Some people feel I should be convicted of child endangerment because I transport my child by automobile, the biggest serial killer of them all. They would be bat sh*t crazy, but they would say it with a straight face.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    all mj users are not potheads

I like the term pothead personally because of it's sterotype. Reminds me of those morman ads... and I'M a pothead!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The only thing I can say with complete certainty is that if they ever legalize it here in Texas I'm gonna get f****** baked.

I hear the Texas economy is booming. Legalization of weed would add to the pile.

-Sab

• talesin
    talesin

It's easy to grow mj,, I've done it years ago. You can't grow and process tobacco at home easily,,, and wine, well that's pretty easy to make, but once again, the grapes are costly, and it takes years of practice to make good wine ..

apples & oranges, imo. Anyway, I've said all I have to say --- 20 years of researching this subject, and yes, I'm quite stubborn about it.

t

• talesin
    talesin

lol! @ sab -- own it, bro! :D

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It's easy to grow mj,, I've done it years ago. You can't grow and process tobacco at home easily,,, and wine, well that's pretty easy to make, but once again, the grapes are costly, and it takes years of practice to make good wine ..

Interestingly I have noticed completely different effects from different strains of marijuana. These are only the strains that have been created by people in the black and psudo-black (prop 420/215) markets. IF MJ gets completely legalized then it will be studied by the scientific community as a whole which means amature to artisan-type skill levels. The prospects are enough to be wary of over excitement. Even as we speak there must be people studying the drug even though 10 years ago they wouldn't have taken the risk. The more people start thinking about marijuana the more a speculative market will spring forth.

-Sab

• dgp
    dgp

I feel we are never going to agree on this subject because, indeed, there is a border between us, and I'm not only talking about the imaginary (and sometimes not so imaginary) line between "North of the Border" and "South of the Border".

I think it's also a matter of point of view. In my books, if I sell you something that will cause you harm, I'm guilty. It doesn't matter if the buyer claims to have a right to use that substance. I know, I will hear people say that marijuana is not damaging, et cetera. I think that would make for a fine argument in favor of the tobacco industry.

Have no problem with medical uses of marijuana. I used to be a fan of footballer Edgard Davids, well known for his superb skills, his special lenses, his glaucoma, and the fact that the world of football knew marijuana would appear on his bloodstream because he needed it for glaucoma.

I do have a problem with crime.

I think it was The True One who made this comment (I apologize in advance if it wasn't him):

If an individual had no prior criminal record, he could become a candidate for licensing .

At my age, this one I can't take seriously. Question: If I used to sell marijuana when it was illegal, and it is made legal, do I still have a criminal record? I honestly do not know, but I would like people to discuss the implications.

If I used to sell pills and cocaine and marijuana, and I happen to know that, no, I won't have a criminal record if I confess to selling marijuana, would I tell the Police about my other activities? Can you picture someone saying something like "Yep, I was involved, but only in the provision of marijuana. My hands never touched anything else. What's more, I had my small hydroponic farm at home"?

If I personally was involved in killing and maiming, and my little brother did, too, only no allegation has been proved against him, can he open a shop?

What about my wife who never got involved? Cousin Fernando from Sinaloa?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, thank you mr monkey expert,,, absolute utter BULLSHIT,,,

You can use me as your punching bag all you want. The real question is does this make you feel better?

I've grown pot too. It's easy but inconvenient and dangerous. If your house burns down you may as well have no insurance. Plus you can never really have people over to your house - it's hard to hide your no-no room... ;( It's better to start them from babies then bring them outside in an inconspicuous area to let them grow and stink... :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit