Starting to read Crisis of Conscience....

by confuzzled777 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Confuzzled777:

Lets just put it this way: My friend read just three chapters and she was OUT! I read that book and my life was never the same again. Its pretty much the introduction to self examination, and realizing that the truth isnt the truth at all. No matter what religious path you take, if you become atheist or agnostic, or even a diest, your life WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! I'm gonna read a few chapters on my youtube page just to bring the point home to people out there how much of a cult and a $cam, and how controlling this so called religion is! The only people they care about is THEMSELVES and their numbers! You'll discover thats its just like any other religion.

Good reading! And best of luck to you!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Very true leavingwt. He doesnt have one bad thing to say about JW's. He simply states the facts, and talks about his experiences and his opinion, but its a very respectful and honest opinion.

• pbrow
    pbrow

confuzzled... i second the 1000 lb weight being lifted of your shouders!

I remember the paradigm shift as I stood in my girlfriends hallway with coc in one hand and my other hand slapping my forehead after realizing i had been lied to for 30 years!

its horrible and wonderful all at the same time!

search for truth no matter where it may lead you.

pbrow

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

confuzzled: Well, how was it?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I was an incredibly emotional read for me. I still haven't finished it because of that. It opens the floodgates!

-Sab

• dozy
    dozy

" the price went up after he died " - wow , I thought that only happened to works by painters...

I read it about 3 years ago. It was an amazing read for me - as a JW for 25+ years it just filled in all the blanks - explained the reasons behind all the uncertainties & things that had unsettled me about "the truth" over the years. It was like that moment when Hercule Poirot comes in & identifies the murderer & suddenly all the disjointed parts of the film get thrown into focus.

Unlike a lot of ex-JW books it is written without any malice or bitterness - amazing when you consider how he (Franz) was treated. I wish I had read it when it was first published - it would have saved me a huge amount of hassle. I still remember that moment in 1984 in the book shop when I saw the book on the shelf - paused - and then decided that I wouldn't leaf through it - apostate material , you know. A sliding doors moment if ever there was one..............

• Londo111
    Londo111

It was one of the best books I've ever read in my life. I'm now reading, "In Search of Christian Freedom".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It was one of the best books I've ever read in my life. I'm now reading, "In Search of Christian Freedom".

I think you may enjoy it even more. He thoroughly refutes every single (major) WT doctrine, by providing a plausible, Biblical alternative.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can't wait. I'm only on page 94...

The transcript from the 1954 Scotland Court case was stunning: "Unity at all costs." Even at the cost of Truth...and if one doesn't support a false prophesy or teaching that the Society won't teach a few years hence, you aren't promoting unity and you must be removed! I guess Jesus wasn't promoting unity when he threw out the moneychangers...maybe it's a good thing the Chief Priest got rid of him?

The Watchower article "Righteous Requirements" from 1943, where proclaims what the 'Lord' is commanding.

'Let us make a quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and at least one study a week for each publisher.' These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us...

...there is absolutely no excuse for anyone, man or woman, to claim to be unable to accept an individual territory assignment and assume full responsibly for it.

The Lord through his faithful and wise servant now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months."

"...It just can't be done." We have all heard the argument before. And if it were true it would look bad indeed, and would imply that the Lord was asking us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The transcript from the 1954 Scotland Court case

This is what a WT apologist would politely refer to as "old light". Only the current WT study article is relevant to the loyal JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit