by Twisty 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, you are processing and re-evaluating quite well. Internet helps so much for researching. It is no surprise how the GB/organization are threatened by the Internet. I left in the mid-80s, took me about 10 yrs of revaluating ('75-'85ish, before Internet. A few moves, helped for me to get out of the 'radar' also.

Welcome! I have never for one second regretted leaving that 'unhappifying' life. I look back and realize I did have happy moments/times, but I realized that was due to me, not due to the credit of the organization.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to you and to Mrs. Twisty!

If there's anything I can do to help you on your journey, let me know.

If you'd like to PM me for any reason, feel free.

You can send private messages by clicking on the person's name.

You retrieve PMs by clicking on the little envelope in the upper right hand corner. If you get an error message, go back and click the envelope again.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Many of us here in JWN have stood where you're now standing. We made it through, and so will you Just take it slowly, and prove to yourself what is true. Lou is from South Africa too. I'll message her this thread on Facebook.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Twisty to JWN. I'm glad that you and your wife were able to awaken together. Besides reading Raymond Franz's books, you should also read Steve Hassan's books Combatting Cult Mind Control and Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves so that you are able to communicate better with JW family and friends. Good-luck and wish you and your wife the best in your journey.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• N.drew
    N.drew

Welcome to forum to Twisty and his wifey! Here's hoping you'll stay.

Peace!

Nancy

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Welcome,

The chronology book you referred to is the "Gentile Times Reconsidered" and the author is Carl Olof Jonsson, his web site is here:

http://kristenfrihet.se/english/epage.htm

His book is great, and it helped my wife realize that wts was wrong. If there is anything you need in examining the history of watchtower we can help. Most of wts publications can be found in pdf format if you need to look something up. It takes time to get over the fact we've been deceived, it's good to have a wife on your side and to do research together is encouraging.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

TWISTY! I hear everything you're saying. It is truly a vertiginous feeling as you realize EVERYTHING you have ever known is no longer true. My first order of business was to figure out a long term plan including a new "framework" for life. Started going to college, which I had always wanted to do in the first place, studying a subject that fascinates me. I figure I can't go wrong with that. Best wishes in your new life.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Twisty. Your story is heading down a similar path and line of thinking that happened to me.

Dozy's advice is very important. You cannot raise any question without the response being "have you been reading apostate information?" Before I read anything I already started developing questions on my own and approached a friend. She spoke to an elder, who accused me of reading Franz's book. He obviously knew nothing about what was in Crisis of Conscience, as my questions were regarding the validity of the Bible, where Franz accepted it as inspired. It is just their conditioning.

It does not matter how relevant the questions you ask, the elders will only want to know if you still believe the F&D Slave is God's channel. There is nothing you can do to help them, so any attempt to assist others at this stage will only damage your life.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

You are getting the best advice possible .Those here have either been or are in the same boat. My husbands and my story is simialr to yours as well. As we

are doing our research, sometimes we don't come to the same conclusions at the same time. At times our differing opinions resulted in a full-blown

argument. Try to remember to be patient with each other in this process. Loosing the foundation of everything you have ever stood for and believed in is

TRAMATIC. It produces a form of grief. Experts say grief takes many forms including anger. Just remember where this anger should rightfully be directed.

Be forgiving of each others moods. The information and advice here will make your progress faster and lessen the pain. All the best to you and your wife.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome, Twisty.

I read the COC book before the internet got started. I am still in though. I love my family, and want to enjoy their company. I don't want this ORG to separate us. My family complains about things just like people on here do, so there really is no difference. No doubt if people are honest they will tell you how they really feel.

Take your time and share your thoughts, and sense of humor with us.

All the best.

QB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit