by Twisty 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
  • Twisty
    Twisty

Just an update I'm having difficulty getting hold of The Gentile Times Reconsidered, so i thought of using this Brothers site and his research based on said book to prove to myself.

http://www.607v587.com/

Specifically his original letter to the GB

http://www.607v587.com/websitepage4.htm

Any thoughts on this?

I will definitely still get the book when it is available in printed format.

Twisty

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Hi Twisty,

The site you mentioned has very limited information regarding 607/587. I'm surprised that GTR is sold out in so many places and some are asking over $150. While I think it's awsome book, $150 is a bit steep. I know there is a pdf version of it, I just don't know if it's sold by the author or if it's a scan copy of the book since I didn't see a pdf on sale on http://www.commentarypress.com site (Ray Franz' site).

If you have any specific question regarding 607 and we can help you in the right direction, ask away. Here is a site that might help you in your research

http://www.livius.org/k/kinglist/uruk.html

• Black Sheep
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Twisty and Mrs. Twisty, and welcome to the board!!!

This comment of yours,

"We need time, the idea is for us to do an independant study of the scriptures primarily the New Testament and also to run a parallel investigation on Society Doctrines. ..."

UNfortunately, that comment alone is enough to put an elder sniffing onto your track [bloodhound reference], as the Watchtower Corporation has ALWAYS discouraged independent bible reading from the days of co-founder Charles Taze Russell, onwards...

Consider the fairly recent admonitions [in the Watchtower Society/corporation's literature - I believe it was in a Watchtower study article...] to not even trust your own mind... To even mention the phrase, "independent study of the scriptures", can come dangerously close to "apostasy", in the minds of many, many elders and regular Jehovah's Witnesses...

But again, WELCOME!!

Zid - the board's She-Devil

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Leaving WT's comment is brilliant, first time this analogy has come my way. Please listen to the advice about being discret, if your business is based on the "friends" which will dry up, once you leave, BE CAREFUL! You will loose your clients and just might find yourself in a place, your not ready to be in. Two years of doubting, is not a whole lot of time, remember to pace yourself to your emotional speed. Great analogy LWT "

What if you were wrongly convicted and imprisoned for a crime that you did not commit? What if, during your prison stay, you devised a way to escape? During your planning stages, a prison guard asks you, 'Hey, are you planning on breaking out of prison?'.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Twisty and Welcome! I awakened in my teens back in the 70s, the misogyny and blood policy along with my disagreement on WTS scriptural interpretation and going beyond scripture being a major part of my doubts.

It is only recently I have come to have a more complete understanding of just how wrong things are. CoC is excellent... I tore through that book... I couldn't put it down. Am working on In Search of Christian Freedom but CoC was definitive for me. I find Paul Grundy's website JW Facts excellent -- it helped me validate a number of my own suspicions.

JWs have always said they could answer all my questions... but they never have.

I wish you and your wife all the best. Come up with a plan especially where your business and income is concerned. Protect your financial situation.

• Twisty
    Twisty

Short update

Had a phone call from the group overseer, Mrs Twisty anwsered the phone the phone call went something like this....

Elder: Mrs Twisty you should email me your photo, i cant remember what you look like its been so long..

Mrs Twisty thinking who is this weirdo, then clicks who it is....

Elder: Twisty mentioned such and such was keeping you busy surely you cant still be busy?

Mrs Twisty: (False laugh) Actually we are still busy with such and such...

Elder: You do know it is circuit assembly this weekend?

Mrs Twisty: Yes we know thanks.

Elder: Do we need to come visit you?

Mrs Twisty: No thank you we are fine.

Elder: Are you sure?...pause...Well we are thinking of you.

So i can expect another call when we are not present at the Assembly

Twisty

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I think Mrs. Twisty handled it well. All you can do is thank them for thinking of you and assure them that you are fine. Thanks for the update. I wonder how far they will push. If they push too far, remember you have the right to politely ask them to respect your privacy.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

A big welcome and thanks for posting your background. It was very interesting your research on the internet and how it opened your eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit