by Twisty 81 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Twisty

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be.

Where are you? country wise, I'm in Australia.

2 years ago, due to personal problems, I thought about going back to what I now think of as the borg, this was for about 30 minutes, when I thought why? I did a google for Jehovahs Witnesses, & the first on list was this site, so I came here & had my eyes opened WOW.

Previously I had been out for the last 10+ years, but I always thought if there was a true religion it was the JWs, now I know that we were just serving a corporate body with no truth at all.

FSP

• cedars
    cedars

Hello Twisty - your account reads very similar to mine (not in the bethel aspect, but in the discovery of inconsistencies). It was Wikipedia articles that first made it clear to me how the outside world views Jehovah's Witnesses. As a Witness, you are always told that we have this outstanding reputation as students of the bible - but then when you read what impartial sources ACTUALLY think of Witness beliefs and practices, you realise that the Society does NOT have a fine testimony from those on the outside at all.

I'm really glad you have read Crisis of Conscience - it was a major landmark in the awakening of most of us. It sounds like you have begun making decisions and taking steps to inform yourselves further. All I would say is - don't rush, there is plenty of time. It all gets pretty overwhelming to begin with. Take each day as it comes, don't divulge too much to your friends and relatives (no matter how much you may want to) that would land you in unnecessary trouble. It can be quite easy to lose yourself in it all, but don't ignore eachother and be there for eachother first and foremost. I wish you the very best in your journey, and if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Cedars

• MadameSweden
    MadameSweden

Welcome!

• dm6
    dm6

Hello twisty nice to meet you :-)

Stick around, there are some very insightful people here that could help you out drastically.

i wish you all the very best! Now you are beggining to understand exactly why the borg tells you to not research on the internet! have a look on this site, it has just about everything.

There is also another site which i would reccommend to find out more about this org:

http://www.jwfacts.com/
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

Welcome (and check your pm's)

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Welcome Twisty, lots of great people here and some wonderful information, browse through the topics and ask lots of questions, you will quickly learn how helpful many of the folks here can and will be!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Twisty.

It's a bumpy road on the way out, so I'm glad you found us.

Cheers

Chris

• cofty
    cofty

Twisty welcome to the forum. You and your wife are in for an exciting journey. Its going to be exhilirating and scary at the same time. Take your time, join nothing, be prepared to discover that what you are sure of tomorrow will be something different next week or next year.

All my best wishes to you and your wife, it will be a tough ride but its worth the cost in the long term.

Congratulations.

Bill

• wobble
    wobble

Big Wobble WELCOME to you and Mrs Twisty.

Your experience is so similar to my own, so I can empathise with you all the way. if you want any advice please ask the experts on here, if you wish to keep certain details off the site, and out of sight, then PM me or any on here, we are here to help and support.

Just one small piece of advice, do not do anything in a hurry, even trying to talk with your wife, you may wish to ask advice first.

There is no hurry, you are now free, and can do what you like at your own pace.

At first when I was at the stage you are now, I was on the verge of Disassociating myself, I am now very glad I did not, I also came close to being DF'd, becase I was too outspoken, again, I am now glad I did not go down that route.

Welcome again, you are now on the right road, the turnings you decide to take are up to you. We will happily be your SatNav.

• Martyn
    Martyn

Welcome,

Thank you for sharing your story, I think you can look forward to an exciting, rewarding future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit