What is the spark that powers Evolution?

by N.drew 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Single cells are already single cells. Changes take place in how many years? Fruit flies are faster. How many mechanisms (for want of a better word) are needed for the human being to be? Each of the mechanisms needed to evolve. And they needed to be stuck together in the total human mechanism (for want of a better word). Then add all the other forms to the equation with all their mechanisms. My head might explode if I try to do the real math, so I will keep it in it's philosophical class, if you don't mind. My imagination says, not possible in the years that the astronomers say how old the universe is approximately.

• cofty
    cofty

My imagination says, not possible
  • james_woods
    james_woods
    And they needed to be stuck together in the total human mechanism (for want of a better word).

Organism might be a better word. An electric can opener is a mechanism - a fruit fly is an organism.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The truth is that the issue most creationalist have with evolution is NOT that it exists, but that man evolved from a "ape-like" ancestor ( their words not mine).

The issue is that evolution seems to go against a literal reading of Genesis, simply b ecause Genesis says that God created all living creatures ( though it doesn't mention how).

Obviously for those that do NOT take genesis as a literal word-by-word account of how all life came to be on this planet, evolution isn't an issue at all.

We do not know WHY living beings have the ability to evolve and survive, just that they do but one wonders what issue a theist would have with God creating life with the ability to survive?

• N.drew
    N.drew

But what's a liver called?

• cofty
    cofty

We do not know WHY living beings have the ability to evolve and survive

Actually we do - all the way down to the genetic level, in amazing detail.

• N.drew
    N.drew

A liver is called an organic mechanism. Your turn...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But what's a liver called?

It depends on whether it is chopped liver or fried liver with onions. Or, in the case of Larry Hagman - pickled liver.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Actually we do - all the way down to the genetic level, in amazing detail.

I know we know HOW we do it, but I didn't realize we found out WHY we do it this way rather than any other or WHY we do it at all.

• caliber
    caliber

The problem to begin with is" the missing spark..". the force or power the initiated life here upon the earth .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit