What is the spark that powers Evolution?

by N.drew 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

sorry, i can't follow your lines of thought. what does christianity have to do with evolution apart from most chrisitans today accepting the fact that evolution happens? why would the science of biology be a waste of time? what does the origin of life have to do with evolution apart from being a prerequisite for evolution to take place?

• caliber
    caliber

Self-awareness is the capacity for introspection and the ability to reconcile oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.

Even a spark plug has a certain gap in which for the spark to jump across However , how is this gap of self-awarness bridged between man and the rest of creation ? Why does it appear that for the most part self-awareness is limited to the human race ?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think it is not proved that self-awareness is limited to the human race.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    How do the processes that are described as "evolution" know the way to the finished function?

Nancy, maybe I can elucidate with an analogy. Would you describe the Grand Canyon as designed by God? You may say, certainly. Even you would recognize, however, that there were forces that shaped the landscape for milenia. Even if you believe God exists, you cannot say he shaped the Grand Canyon to the shape it is. These are natural forces at work. The erosion of wind and water. Yet, you might contemplate its majesty along with a beautiful sunset and come to the conclusion (my, this couldn't have gotten here on its own)...... You see what I'm getting at here?

What sparked the Grand Canyon? What sparked techtonic plates? The more you investigate, the better you grasp how natural forces carved and moved things to be so. And yet, don't get semantical on me and say, "Why would natural forces move anything?" Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You need to reach an axiomatic truth on subjects like these. What is the base on which we can all agree with, so that discussion can move forward, and not entrench itself in a singular mindset?

Nancy, perhaps when looking to things like this, it is better to be investigative. Consider yourself a detective. You must gather as much information as you can, before you can reach a conclusion.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

The appendix had a function in primitive primates, change in diet made it redundant and thusly is gradually being phased out.

You don't need 100,000 dollars, you need about 400. You don't have to complete college, just take a class. Don't complain that you have a short attention span, want an answer in a couple of paragraphs and then argue with people that give you just that. You either need to spend time actually learning what you're talking about, or not argue about things you don't understand. This is not a discussion, it is not a debate, it is a forced education on the unwilling.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

To answer the question: The need to be the God Maker, because the God Maker is more powerful than God.

Night Owl

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK! Night Owl. Somebody who skeeeeee*ks my language. Yes, I will think about that.

*these es are the sound I imagine some owls make.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

To quotes Douglas Adams as I think this is appropriate to the OP, "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And never, EVER, forget your towel!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And don't panic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit