What is the spark that powers Evolution?

by N.drew 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it doesn't know anything. evolution simply is the process of change. some changes are not beneficial for a certain species and they decrease in number and eventually go extinct. other changes are beneficiall and those survive. that's pretty much all there is to it. it's science, but it's simple really.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

are we talking about evolution or about the big bang? two completely unrelated things. either way, i don't understand your point.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It has to know because it ends up working. HOW does it know it will end up working. Define HOW, please! Not you james_woods. The one that knows, please answer.

How do you know that I don't know?

Fire works, but it cannot be said to "know" that it works.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    evolution or about the big bang? two completely unrelated things.

Who are you?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

wtf?

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK, now your scaring me woods. Let's do the list* this is to this as that is to that. Fire works is to brain as dust is to human love. You'r example is fireworks?

*OK, it wasn't me.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

What J.Hofer is trying to say is that evolution has no spark. Nothing causes it besides existence. Evolution is, as he said, a process. There wasn't anything that caused it besides millions of generations of living beings.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Seriously, Ms. Drew - I think the mistake made in this thread is the attempt to embody a natural process like evolution/natural selection with "knowledge", "intelligence", or some kind of "creative personality".

It simply doesnt have any of those qualities - it is just a natural process, like wind, rain, sunshine, fire, or gravity.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If I was jello I would believe you Uber.

• darthfader
    darthfader

N.Drew,

What sparks evolution? Stress... Environmental stresses cause the weaker animals to die out and the sronger ones to survive. Because there is genetic drift in every animal (some with longer legs, wider teeth etc.) these differences give one animal an advantage over an other within the same species. And therfore an "evolutionary advantage". It's a REAL SLOW process...

I noticed that your discussion also covered the big bang. Evolution is only applicable to the development of species and not abiogenesis. Abiogenesis is the study of how bioligical life formed from inorganic matter. That is another discussion which has very little to do with Evolution.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit