What is the spark that powers Evolution?

by N.drew 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Seriously if someone could prove the universe is a thousand billion years old, I would not choose sides. But now they have said the universe seems quite newer then that. So, let's rephrase the question. HOW is evolution so quick?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

actually evolution doesn't even have to do with the age of the universe, but the age of life on earth. what do you mean by quick?

by the way, creationists believe in a incredibly quicker form of evolution (they think all types of animals came from the animals noah had on his ark).

• N.drew
    N.drew

So, I've been chatting with encyclopedias all these months? The Evolution needed the beginning of the universe, didn't it? Obviously! Then what does this mean;

Evolution is only applicable to the development of species and not abiogenesis. Abiogenesis is the study of how bioligical life formed from inorganic matter. That is another discussion which has very little to do with Evolution.
  • N.drew
    N.drew

Evolution NEEDS abiogenesi and then Abiogenesi NEEDS a beginning of universe. So, really how can you say (with a stait face, I am assuming) that they ARE NOT RELATED?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Seriously if someone could prove the universe is a thousand billion years old, I would not choose sides. But now they have said the universe seems quite newer then that.

It is not "a thousand billion years old." But that is beside the point of this thread...

by the way, creationists believe in a incredibly quicker form of evolution (they think all types of animals came from the animals noah had on his ark).

Exactly. Do literal-flood creationists believe that Noah rounded up Wooly Mammoths, pygmy elephants, Aftrican elephants, and Indian elephants all together on the ark? The Watchtower has long suggested that the animals on the ark were family type progenitors - so that only two generalized dogs were there, not dogs of every species and so on.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

of course one depends on the other, but they are completely different processes. that would be like connecting evolution to ice cream, because ice cream wouldn't exist if we wouldn't have evolved. making ice cream and evolution are different processes.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Evolution NEEDS abiogenesi and then Abiogenesi NEEDS a beginning of universe. So, really how can you say (with a stait face, I am assuming) that they ARE NOT RELATED?

We will discover how life came from non-life in due time.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

They are related but one is not dependant on the other as a focus of study. You asked a very specific question and recieved some assistance in framing the answer given to you.

Abiogenisis deals with one aspect of what you consider to be the issue at hand, that is how did we get here from nothing. However, Evolution as a science does not include how life originated, just how it adapts and changes over time.

I would suggest that if you don't have time to study and understand some basic scientific principles then you are also wasting your and others time asking these questions as there is no way to answer them for you.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Evolution is the term we use to describe the changes/adaption that living organisims go through to adapt and survive in their environment.

It's driving force is the environment ( climate, exposure to radiation, the food we eat, attriubutes needed to survive in any given time, etc).

Evolution doesn't make a comment on WHY we are here or WHERE we came from, it deals with HOW ( and sometimes why) we got from A to B.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Please, let's look at it from another perspective. Let's excuse abiogenesis from the room, so that it might be simpler. Rocks in space (and lots of power), let's go from there. All the changes that were needed to get here are so many, especially when the mistakes are added to the equation,that they are way too many changes to FIT into the years of the universe. So either

1. God is designing it

2. Universe is way older than suspected.

3. Life came from another universe.

The popular opinion that universe is X number of years and evolution is not in association with any intelligence does not hold water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit