Welcome Newbies & New Posters ! How has this Board Assisted You ?

by flipper 99 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

It's nice to have you here ! I found that this board was very supportive when I first got on it over 4 years ago . I still find it supportive ! If you joined here in the last couple years or so - how has this board assisted you ? We'd love to hear from you ! Or tell us your experiences and what you've had to overcome in escaping the Jehovah's Witnesses .

Or anybody else that wants to share how the board has helped them or share their exiting JW experience ! Take care, look forward to hearing from you ! Peace out to all of you, Mr. Flipper

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There are a lot of newbies here of late. Welcome!

• designs
  • NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

It just feels great to tell these tales to a group that not only understands but has experienced much of the same BS! Though I have scanned this site for a couple of years, to become a participating member of the discussions is a whole new level and a great outlet! This has been and will continue to be a great place! Thanks to all!

• flipper
    flipper

MICKEY MOUSE- I agree ! Really cool to see lots of new people here !

DESIGNS- I concur.

NOREGRETS- I agree it's really a cool feeling to know we are not alone. That so many here have gone through similar struggles exiting the JW's. Glad to have you here NO REGRETS ! We all share a common bond- we have escaped a high control group ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

I feel this board is part of my recovery from the borg. It helped me to figure out where am at recovery wise by see where others are.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

I believe humans are herd animals and being DF was/is tortureous. It is just a human need to be part of the pack.

• someonesomewhere
    someonesomewhere

I'm practically just a reader, not really a poster, but knowing in such detail what exactly is wrong in the organization and how people have been dealing with it has been very helpful for me. I am still an active JW, but I know I will get out of there "soon". Reading all of you has helped me sort out a good plan, in order to leave with the least amount of damage possible, both for myself and for my two JW relatives. One does have to filter through a lot of hatred, since it makes some of you less objective or logical. Still, it's good that people can vent out and share their pains (and also the joys of living a new and freer lifestyle).

• flipper
    flipper

LIFESTOOSHORT- I'm really glad this board has been able to help you to recover from the Witnesses . I have found like yourself that reading people's experiences of how they overcame situations has given me ideas in a positive way in my own situation. Although I'm an independent minded person- like you say I find it comforting to be among like people who have survived the WT society.

SOMEONESOMEWHERE- I wish you the best when you decide to exit the Witnesses ! You are right- we DO get ideas of how to exit the JW's in the best way that leaves us with the least damage with JW relatives. People may have a lot of hatred, true- but lots of hateful things have been done to us by the WT society elders and representatives which leaves deeply imbedded scars. Many people need help from professional counseling by skilled therapists to rid or minimize that hatred they feel towards the WT society. Some of us heal more effectively than others because we have read and educated ourselves abou the WT socity's mind control tactics - thus discovering the reasons we were duped for so long. It's like putting together the pieces of a puzzle after exiting sometimes. So like you stated, it is really good that people can vent here

• isojourn
    isojourn

Personally, this board has definitely been a source of support. Because many of my close friends were never JW's...and some are faders but too scared to really share how they feel (from fear of being labeled an apostate.)

That being it said, it's nice to be around empathetic and educated people. Most of you are insightful, smart and have a great sense of humor...which is the best mix . I am fairly new and at times stop visiting, because I feel disgusted thinking about my former life as a JW. But, it is unavoidable as my family is still deeply involved.

I would, however, like to make some real (close) friends here eventually. But I find it hard because I'm still new and somewhat shy. Perhaps I need to throw a huge apostafest. hah.

Either way, this board is a great resource even if it is not approved by Jehovee himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit