What really ended the book study in private homes?

by Alfred 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

It was those Evil Coffee and Desert gatherings afterwards

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

The reality is that, the Book Study at its former setting wasn't effective in strengthening Christian families which is the nucleus of a stable Christian Congregation.

Rubbish. If they cared about strengthening their families they wouldn't kill their own children by denying them blood transfusions, drive them out of the home when they doubt or choose not to believe, shun them, or prohibit or discourage them from attaining a higher education; it's a long list. Your methods for attaining "stability" within the congregation comes at the price of Christian dignity and is contrary to the will of the Almighty.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/occult_jehovahs_witnesses.html

The Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs regarding the prohibition of blood transfusions becomes all the more heinous when it comes to young children, many of whom have died in furtherance of their parents' misguided beliefs. The blood transfusion prohibition is astounding in light of Jeremiah 32:35 which provides in part, "They built high places to Baal in the Valley of Ben-hinnom, and immolated their sons and daughters to Molech, bringing sin upon Judah; this I never commanded them, nor did it even enter my mind that they should practice such abomination." Here, God instructs man NOT to cause a child to be killed as a form of sacrifice to God. Clearly, sacrificing a child by denying him or her a needed blood transfusion is no different. In no way does such a denial of blood and the child's resulting death please the Almighty. It never entered God's mind.

Any individual contemplating joining the Jehovah's Witnesses religion is forewarned to research this issue carefully, study the history and biblical context of the blood prohibition and understand what it means to not 'eat blood' because the Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs with respect to this gruesome act is not approved by the Almighty, finds no reliable support in scripture and comes close to being a homicide or a suicide. Avoid the anguish for everyone involved and think clearly on this matter. The Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs on blood transfusions are not to be taken lightly.

jwfacts.com and ajwrb.org and marvinshilmer.blogspot.com are good beginnings.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I would bet dollars to donuts it was liability insurance issues and too much variation on local restrictions and license requirements on assembling for meetings to keep up with.

Also, I have often thought regular weekly organized meetings in a residential setting post 9/11 may have created some security concerns for law enforcement agencies.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

^^^^ and NRFG hooks another fish...

• simon17
    simon17

I doubt anything on that list had anything to do with it (except the liability of injuries, thats possible).

I really think they saw people getting so lethargic and felt people would be much less likely to leave if they made a major reduction. It kind of placated all those members who were on the fence and burned out and ready to abandon ship. It basically gave everyone a boost of energy. I think thats pretty much the real reason.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@NRFG!!..

Miz your going to have to put a disclaimer on your Whopper posts..

I remember when the book study was the most important meeting you could go to..

It`s the one that would save you when the Tribulation started..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• flipper
    flipper

No Room For George- I hope to hell you're joking and being sarcastic. That's about as dry a sense of humor as I can stand. Butter that dry toast dude

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I choose "A", because the WTBTS wants to control JWs and cannot trust JWs that they will not talk to each other about their doubts. All the other choices are smoke screens that the WTBTS used to validate their decision.

It is kind of interesting that the WTBTS is planting the seeds of its own destruction, when it makes the JW experience less friendly and personal. If the WTBTS continues down the path of more control, only allowing JWs to talk about Kingdom topics, making the WTBTS the center of a JWs life, and not allowing JWs to form closer relationships with other JWs, why would anyone dread leaving their JW friends and family? JWs wouldn't have any friends! I really have to admire the Brain Trust in Brooklyn: they couldn't be doing a better job of destroying the WTBTS then if they intentionally planned to (sarcasim).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The excuse the society gives is laughable. As if they have the sligest concern about the burden THEY heap onthe friends. Gas prices in Europe have been

exorbatant since cars were invented. They would brag year in and year out in the YB and elseware about people walking miles through a dangerous

jungle or paddleing a canoe through alligator infested water etc to get to all those miserable meetings. Then when they arrived they had the "privelidge"

of listening while sitting on a rock for 2hrs. No they will never admit the REAL reasons. I believe point A is valid but LIABILITY is the main issue. Where else

but the book study can close relationships be developed between pedophiles and their victims.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I really think they knew that they had to try and make being a JW a little easier, less meetings to go to. Plus they did that when gas was peak $ and I recall hearing how expensive it was for a lot of people to get to all of those meetings during the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit