What's the latest status on ol' Brother Prince Rogers Nelson?

by NoRegrets 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I was last affiliated with a Minneapolis area congregation a few years back. We saw Prince and the Larry Graham entourage at a Sunday meeting once and at many assemblies and conventions. I know he was affiliated with a congregation in a city named Chanhassen at one time. He was baptized privately at the hall there, I believe, and was treated as a real VIP. I heard that he made reference to a dog humping your leg in first ministry school among other things that would get an average JW yanked into a back room. I also heard that he and Larry Graham would actually invite young JW amateur musician's over to Paisley Park for "jam sessions" where they would be put down if inferior in their musical abilities. Apparently there was a rift in the congregation over the double standards. Much of this was heard second-hand but from very reliable sources including a childhood friend who actually went to that same congregation. One thing I did personally witness was an experience given by Larry Graham at a circuit assembly. It was the most disgusting display of arrogance and a distinctly unspiritual experience! He referred to having just come back from a Tour of Europe and how he was contacted by a "certain young man from Minnesota" that asked him to move there to study the Bible with him. He also talked about his daughter being baptized at a ludicrously young age (I'm pretty sure 7 or 8) and that she became a regular pioneer soon after (before she was 10 I remember for sure)!!!!

Anyone else know much about these escapades and/or what these clowns are up to now?

• blondie
    blondie

If Misty Copeland is still his "girlfriend" do you think she is a jw?

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/46775/meet-legendary-singer-prince-s-new-girlfriend-she-s-beautiful-flexible-and-black-his-first-sista-since-sheila-e.html

Also, his 2nd wife was baptized too and divorced him in 2006. Was it a scriptural divorce?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Larry attended a cong near my home for a number of years. The brothers kissed his ass, especially if they were musicians. I attended there breifly. The purple publisher on the otherhand, basically does as he wishes. I've heard the songs he sings in concert that got me landed in the back room when the cassette was spotted in my car. (Yes I did say cassette).

It's obvious there are different sets of standards for diffferent publishers. I held the immunity stick for a number of years when I married the PO's daughter, so I'm not surprised

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I like that, "immunity stick"! I never had it but it makes me think of a primitive native tribe deep in the Amazon. The stick would have dangling feathers and charms and of course topped with a skull! That's just how primitive the JW's are!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

About 4 or 5 yrs ago my my newly baptized daughter living alone in LA in her early 20's went solo to the memorial. It was held in a rented building with about 800 in attendance. She arrived only about 5 min.

before it was to start so she quickly grabbed the first vacant seat she could find on the end of the row toward the back. She was juggling her bookbag, purse, jacket, trying to settle in

and didn't notice she had sat down right next to Prince. The meeting was starting before she looked around and realized who he was. He had 4 Anglo girls with him. He sat in the middle .

She was introduced to him afterward. He was very polite, the girls notsomuch. She wondered if they were even JW's. She observed elders and others (including the sister who studied with her)

fawning all over him. She thought it was over-the-top. It turned out to be one of her LAST meetings. :)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

3rd gen, so Prince went to the memorial and upstaged Jesus on his one night a year that he gets some attention? That's messed up!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Is it just me or has Brother Prince become an even bigger douche than ever, and his music sucks after becoming a JW?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It not just you.

• agonus
    agonus

What is it with arguably the two most famous JW/ex-JW celebs being named Prince and Michael and both characters being of dubious sexuality and race?

• agonus
    agonus

Also Prince dresses in purple garments... Maybe he really does think he's Jesus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit