What's the latest status on ol' Brother Prince Rogers Nelson?

by NoRegrets 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• mummatron
    mummatron

I found it a bit odd that he did a concert tour this summer during convention season.

Found this on Youtube. Couldn't be bothered to watch it all but the performance is somewhat dubious and what's with all the earrings?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5_FL3k5SE&feature=related

Maybe he's faded? Perhaps he's even lurking here...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

He's still using that pagan looking symbol? Hmm...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Probably still a fruity idiot, stupid and arrogant, which really would make for a perfect ideal JWS.

Back in his early career he would wear tight hot pink satin pants that should off his questionable sexuality .

I hated the fag then like I still do today.

The ironic thing is the WTS/JWS would exploit these idiots as proud monikers for the organization like Scientology does for

its celebrities. I think Prince over time had built up so much inner guilt of himself in his lose immorality, that Christianity was the ticket

he needed to relieve himself , the JWS was the religion of choice from his own mother.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Just another shmuck who has found in the jehovahs witnesses a group who make him feel good about himself.

all bases covered...plays in satans world and is cleansed on sundays.

oz

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

As a musician who fought for years with local elders who beleived my choice of employment made me borderline apostate, I was amazed to visit a congregation in Hollywood back in the early 80s. They said most of their group were musicians or people working in the film business as artists of some type, and in talking to them I realized that they were judged by very different standards.

I remember the jokes local elders and COs made about MJ when he came out with his "bad" album as they tried to explain away his apparent defection from JWs.

You only have to read a few WT and Awake "experience" life stories in which musicians and others with promising careers describe how they gave everything up to go pioneering. You can't be a JW and still pursue anything worthwhile in life, whether it be music, medicine, arts, etc. You have to prove your worth by sacrificing it all.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There's a brother here in New York City that was a ministerial servant (1960's - 1970's) for all I know he maybe an elder now, he's now in Cong out in Amityville, Long Island, but in the 70's he was a well known DJ on a very popular station, WBLS, his name is Ken Spider Webb, he's now on SiriusXM, I always wondered when I was growing up how they always used to say "you can't serve two Gods" but how did they allow Kenny to mingle with all the celebs and such and still be the ministerial servant, btw, I'm sure he got a healthy paycheck, but he wasn't (or is) living large, but back in the 60's and 70's, even before George Benson was popular, this guy gets to hang out with all the musical celebrities, yet preach from the JW pulpit about the evils of the world. I don't believe he had enough money to "green handshake the Society" because he has five kids!

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

@thetrueone

Don't call people fags. It's 2011, civilization grew up.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

@thetrueone

Don't call people fags. It's 2011, civilization grew up.

Sorry thats not being political correct .

I should have said fruitcake and he's two faced hypocrite, with two different personas of himself, the one at the Kingdom Hall and the one

on stage.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sheesh now I'm being called out as a Homo basher , thats not my intent with my comment about this particular guy.

Prince in his early days was called " The Little Dirty One " in the media, there was a reason for that and it wasn't because

he had a wholesome clean character.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its the character I'm bashing people, the character

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit