Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A

Simply because this thread reminded me of this song.

I also concur with LWT's one point in that this thread is a reminder of the dangers of cults. I'm an outsider in the JW world as I am the UBM of a witness woman. Never-the-less, my decision not to follow my wife into this religion does have an effect on our family. Last Wednesday night, I wanted to take my daughter to a church a friend of mine invited me to for Trunk or Treat (those fall festivals they offer in place of Halloween). My oldest daughter and I went, my youngest went to the KH with my wife. It did affect me somewhat and illustrated how divided our family is. This part of the year is especially hard on us as I always enjoyed celebrating the holidays and up until two years ago (when my wife decided to go back to the religion) so did she.

Never-the-less, my wife did go with all of us to the Halloween Bash at the Air and Space Museum this year.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Welcome, Halo!

Jewel

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

In many ways it made me miserable..but overall it made me happier. I wasn't living a lie anymore. I never could grasp the beliefs of the JW's and even tho I wanted to believe it never came. I tried for 15 years.I seventually saw so much in the JW's that made me think they were all mentally unhinged that I was glad to get out.

It caused a lot of grief in my family as hubby went back and stayed in and so did his family. Because of that ,since JW hubby died, the JW grandmother and their Aunt and Uncle have nothing to do with the non JW side of the family which was their choice. The kids have no desire to see them as all they heard when visiting them was how they will die if they don't come back to the JW religion.

Snoozy, only looking forward now..

• Halo
    Halo

Thanks for the welcome Jewel

Halo

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome from me too Halo . . .

It sounds like you've been through the meat grinder . . . we all have to pay dearly for our freedom . . . especially with the JW's

Nice to have you here.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Sense a troll alert here, but here goes;

Manky ; you know nothing about me , you know nothing about the dreadful divorce I went through from my JW wife that made me hit rock bottom, you know nothing about the ridiculous trumped up charges that were levelled against me on a so called charge of apostasy, you know nothing about my whole entire family and close friends completely shunning me and leaving me for dead because of my religious views, yet these very same people welcome with open arms in my old congregation a vile child abuser who has a preference for raping baby boys, likewise you know nothing about the suicides of close family friends pressurized into a way out that your Society could give no answer to, you also know nothing about the high numbers in my locality suffering from extreme mental illnesses. I'm not saying my life style is perfect but I would not swap my current life style for the evil, mind controlling filthy dirty ways that your GB encourages. I also have 3 children so ultimately will never have to torture myself what life saving medical aid my be withheld from them if that terrible scenario was ever to happen.

A final note and a word of advice , I'd keep comments like the fucking bullshit that you wrote earlier about Ray Franz to yourself, unless you was his personal doctor for the remaining months of his life, how the fuck would you know how he died fool? He is a legend to many folks here and very close to many of our hearts.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I'm 100% sure that leaving the JW religion has made my life (not better) MUCH better...

I now have peace of mind, tranquility and much happiness. I've also learned to be much more tolerant of others (regardless of religious beliefs or sexual preferences), less judgmental and a lot more loving (than when I was a JW)...

Lurkers... Do you really want to live a liejust to maintain friendships that would turn their backs on you in a second simply because you have discovered the truth about "The Truth" while they continue to have a twisted reasoning of the Bible? Do yourself a favor... Read Deu 18:20-22; Acts 1:7; 1 Tes 5:21 and 1 John 4:1 and then ask yourself... would Jesus turn his back on me for taking these texts seriously???

Mankelli... you seriously need some help... you are obviously NOT looking at the bigger picture here...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Even Raymond franz a guru apostate wondered till death on the reason for the high surge of baptismal candidate. His confusion led to the complications of his sickness which later resulted in his death. . . . mankelli

Interesting title you bestow . . "guru apostate" . . . I haven't heard that before. I also haven't heard that the concern for growing numbers in the WTS contributed directly to Ray Franz's death . . . can you substantiate that at all? . . . I'm genuinely interested.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Sizemik... Mankelli really can't substantiate anything...

Mankelli... all baptism surges were due to fear of Armagedon... Ray knew this all to well and was not at all confused or sickened by it at all... I think you might be though...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Ray knew this all to well and was not at all confused or sickened by it at all... Alfred

Saddened maybe . . . Ray Franz, by all accounts and evidence I've examined, was a gentle and genuinely caring man. Why wouldn't he be saddened to see new and young people boarding a crazy train that it took him 60 years to get off.

* I didn't expect substantiation Alfred . . . but asked for it anyway in order to prove your point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit