Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

To MANKKELI:

After reading this and related threads recently started by you, I realized something: this is the perfect thread for you:

Arguments Wanted - Do You Like to Argue and Debate?

Since you're cross-posting so will I, I want to make sure you get this, it's that important!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MANKKELI: "The devil we know is better than the God we don't know".

You're really scaring me. In your own proverb you metaphorically refer to the WTBTS as "the devil we know" and then exhort us to stay with "Him" rather than get to know the "God we don't know." Crazy!

I think the Apostle Paul would take exception to your illustration:

“Men of Athens, I behold that in all things YOU seem to be more given to the fear of the deities than others are. For instance, while passing along and carefully observing YOUR objects of veneration I also found an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore what YOU are unknowingly giving godly devotion to, this I am publishing to YOU. The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth." - Acts 17:22-24

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

OODAD- My goal is not to argue or fuel contention, my pure motive is to keep lurkers away from information intended to undermine the credibility of the borg. Most of them have been JW loyal adherents for decades, the scheme and technique that has kept them in up till this moment will surely keep them going. Millions have remained JW till death, many could hardly recount any moment of regret, they wouldnt have even wished to have traded those moment with anything else. If they can do it, we can encourage others to follow suit.

Lurkers based on the thousands of posts I have read here, go and sort out your problems with your cngregation elders and dont expose yourself to disheartening disaster.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

ShadesofGrey- The view of mass destruction in armaggeddon is something you could have easily adjusted in your daughter, this can simply be done by drawing her attention to the depth of Jehovah's love, emphasise the magnitude of his justice while backing it up with scriptural examples of his saving power. We all have those fears once in a while but pondering of Jehovah's righteous qualities help to dismiss those consternations.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MANKKELI - You may SAY your goal is "not to argue or fuel contention", but the reality is that is exactly what you are doing. It shows a stunning lack of self-awareness on your part that you don't clearly see that; this in spite of the fact that you have had HUNDREDS of posts giving you clear evidence to the contrary!!!

Your advice to "lurkers" is both dangerous and runs counter to your claimed intentions. If any would be lurker would take your advice to "go and sort out your problems with your cngregation [sic] elders" they would immediately be censured for expressing doubts and disagreements. At the minimum they guilt and feelings of worthlessness that plagues most JWs would just be increased. Depending on the "zeal" of the particular BOE where they attend, they could possibly even be disfellowshipped for following your advice! Please get the clue, Manky!

As for your concluding comment, "dont [sic] expose yourself to disheartening disaster", well what can I say to that but this: for anyone that is a JW it's already too late, much too late. In fact, as has been countlessly repeated here again and again in response to your OP, the ONLY hope to avoid a "disheartening disaster" is to get the heck out of the cult as soon as possible!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Man, you are trying to keep information away from the lurkers? Why? If the org is so great, then no amount of negative things they hear should shake their faith. Also, "information control" is one of the distinguishing marks of a cult.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

my pure motive is to keep lurkers away from information intended to undermine the credibility of the borg.

That motive is not pure at all.

Are you sure you're not one of JWs? Who else would care about 'keeping lurkers away,' and protecting the 'credibility of the borg'?

FWIW, you are doing a terrible job of protecting lurkers...reasoning with you is like reasoning with Charles Manson, and everyone buy you can see that. He's crazy. Scary crazy.

Using one sided logic as you do, is one of the things that convinced me to leave the org a few years ago. As I read your posts I think back to the time when I heard witnesses regularly using arguments like the ones you present. It's a flashback that nauseates me.

Keep up the good work!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    My goal is not to argue or fuel contention, my pure motive is to keep lurkers away from information intended to undermine the credibility of the borg.

My question would be, "Why is there such information to start with?" I see you have not been to those IFB groups trying to post your spiel. What's wrong? Are you not interested in trying to keep IFB'ers in their respective churches so they can fellowship with friends of family? Certainly you don't believe that former IFB'ers are happier for leaving, do you? Perhaps you would feel better if they left the IFB church and became a witness, trading one cult (er religion) for another.

If you are indeed convinced that IFB'ers should leave their church for the better why are not equally that witnesses should leave their religion for the better?

• Heaven
    Heaven

but dont lets deceive people with the intention that happy times are ahead once you are out of the borg.

If you are not happy, then you need to change something. It's as simple as that. That something will be different for each and every one of us.

To live a life where your choices are disallowed, where you are forced to accept someone else's choices as your own will never work. This is how you become unhappy. From this, flows ill health. This is what the Watchtower does to people.

What you focus on expands, gets larger, and comes into your life. Make conscious and honest choices. Deliberately place your ladder against the correct wall for who you are. You cannot fit all of us into the same mould as none of us are exactly alike. The Borg wants everyone to be the same. This never works. It creates stunted, uncreative, insular, isolated, and sick people. It goes against the Laws of Life.

Waiting on Jehovah gets you absolutely nothing and absolutely nowhere. Armageddon is the fantasy of a demented old man. So is the invisible return of Christ. Killing people with the misapplication of scripture about the abstinence of eating blood from a strangled animal is evil. These are some of the things you are aligning yourself with Mankkeli. Your ladder is against the wrong wall.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mankkeli isn`t a JW..A Pro WBT$ JW would never say Borg..Ever..

It probably associates with JW`s..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit