Comments from a real JW about the killing of apostates watchtower. You will be shocked..

by Hairyhegoat 61 Replies latest jw friends

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I do not recognize a "true" witness from the wording... It is non-witnessque way of putting things.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

fake

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remain undecided as to the validity of the poster of the anti-'apostate' vitriol.

However, they have expressed in words exactly how the JW cult recruits and 'groupthink's

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Although it may sound extreme I remember a couple of years ago a watchtower saying that unfortunately we cannot kill apostates in the current system of things.. can anyone look that up? I can't seem to find it.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Nothing new....

• sizemik
    sizemik

Buy some more guns and install anti-personel mines . . . just in case they come for us.

the-illuminator81 . . . is this the quote? . . .

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."?Deut. 13:6-11, AS.Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

if you regard 1951 as a few years ago that was the year I think... ;-)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Hairyhegoat, you are a member, you are apostate ... I would guess the same about the poster.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think it is an apostate-we (apostates/former JWs) KNOW the words, the terminology. I don't know who posted it-it might have simply been a total infiltrator who is using the current 'debate' to stick it to the WT, or it might be an actual 'newer' zealot JW who isn't fully versed and "indoctrinated" as to the 'beautiful words' that "are pleasing to Jehovah" that a long time JW would know. I also think it behooves us all to remember that a lot of the org has changed since many of us left it. There is a trend to 'christianize' the verbiage-I have seen more JWs refer to the KH/org as church, I have seen the word Christian go from practically FORBIDDEN to being part of the title of the 'church'. There is a trend throughout the org to mainstream it in some ways (while simultaneously pulling the JWs further out of reality-ville than ever!)

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Yes sizemik, that's it, thanks. Can you smell the craziness? It's insane. It's also weird that they point out you can't kill apostates, even if they're your family. As if somehow you are more prone to killing family members than strangers. Whoever wrote that article has some weird fanatasies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit