Baptism in Holy Spirit and in Fire

by Inkie 62 Replies latest jw friends

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Not arguing with SA at all (love to you my friend), just giving my perspective.

My brother is named Michael. His in-laws call him Miguel. He doesn't mind. They show that they love him and spend more time with him than those that use his given name.

At this time I do occassionally use Hebrew names for my Lord and my God, but I use either Jesus or Jehovah when speaking to others, as they are familiar with those names.

The term name has more meaning than the mere name as we think of it... as a label. When we do things in God's name, we are doing things by His power. When we know God's name, we know Him. There are people who know me as a different name, due to the way I post on forums, but know me better than those that know my given name.

Either or both of us could be mistaken. That does not mean that we are not Children of God. I do not require children to have all of the details right about me before adopting them, and God is more loving than I am.

Shades.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I didn't take your comments as argument at all, dear SOG (peace to you!). To the contrary, I identify with this:

At this time I do occassionally use Hebrew names for my Lord and my God, but I use either Jesus or Jehovah when speaking to others, as they are familiar with those names.

I do similar (sort of - I try to explain the name(s) I know, if the situation permits it; if not, I just say "God" or "Lord")... away from this board... because I realize that those I'm speaking with DON'T know the name(s). I have taken a personal vow, however, to NEVER lie again about God/Jah/The Most Holy One of Israel... or His Son/Christ/Jah eShua/the Holy One of Israel/Holy Spirit. So, whenever the names "Jehovah", "Yahweh," "Jesus", etc. come up... and I TRY to say them... I almost choke. They stick in my throat... because they are either incorrect or inaccurate.

Lies tend to do that to me, these days. Thus, while some people are mad at the WTBTS, I have this one thing to thank them for: having given me my fill of lies about the Father... and, even more, about the Son.

Please know, though, that I don't judge ANYONE for choosing to use the names they do (although, as you may have seen, a couple/few feel it within their power to judge me for the ones I use, even though I've only shared the truth). As for me, however, I will always state the names correctly... out of my love... and respect for the two they belong to. Regardless of who may or may not "like" it.

I hope this helps... and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Awen
    Awen

My most dearest Sister in the Lord Shelby:

Thank you for your post on this subject. It has been one I have been mulling over for quite some time and although it took a while I was finally able to find the answer I have been seeking.

Free Will.

Why do bad things happen to people?

Free Will.

Why do people suffer?

Free Will.

What sort of people would we be if God stepped in everytime we skinned our knees and "kissed it and made it all better"?

We as a race (and as individuals) have the means to change our world, but we choose for the most part not to. We want that flatscreen for Christmas or a new cellphone, or perhaps an iPod. On our way to Best Buy to purchase these things we might see a homeless person who we might give a wide berth instead of helping them out. We already have a TV, but we've just got to have the bigger one. "Every person needs to stand on their own two feet and fend for themselves" we might muse to ourselves. Fine, then never ask God for anything again for you have just told God never to listen to you again.

Mankind suffers because WE, not God permit it. We made this mess and we continue to make it everyday. There are children one might say who are born with horrible diseases and so we blame God, yet truly it's our fault. It is OUR burden to carry and God actually shows tremendous love by NOT stepping in and making it "all better".

Consider if you have a child and you spoil them with gifts and them not having to be responsible for their actions. Are they thankful? Do they become well-adjusted responsible, kind loving people? No, quite the opposite in fact. They become the worst sort of people who never grow up and expect Mom/Dad/God to just hand everything to them without lifting a finger for themselves.

Consider this: God's Law says (paraphrasing) "You shall not commit forniction or adultery." We all know this one, it's not a mystery. Yet how many people on this board or elsewhere have done this very thing (or know someone who has) and then cry out to God when we contract an STD or have an unwanted pregnancy? Who's to blame? God? Obviously not. We knew what we were doing and we took the selfish road and did it anyway. Then we blame God for not fixing it for us, like spoiled children.

We are unwilling to shoulder the burden that we ourselves have placed upon ourselves. Diseases spread because of our own selfishness (individually and as a race). We may know we have a genetic predisposition for certain ailments, yet we choose to procreate, then when it hits the fan we complain to God. Really?

Some might say it's wrong to prohibit others or ourselves from procreating simply because they might catch something.

Well consider this one, simple example. IF.....no one in history had ever violated God's law on fornication or adultery, how rampant would STD's be? They would be virtually non-existent.

Diseases would have only been passed between married couples and down through families, rather than multiple sexual partners. AIDs would not be as rampant as it is today if people followed God's law concerning sexual relations. The only single teen mothers we would have would be those who were divorced or widows. But people are selfish. They know right from wrong but exercise their God-given free will and choose to make the wrong decision...on purpose. THAT is why bad things happen to good people. Because the good people are surrounded by idiots who only care about what they want and not one whit about how their actions might affect others, in direct conflict with Jah eShua's words to "Love thy neighbor as yourself".

Free Will doesn't mean being separated from God. It means making decisions without God looking over your shoulder every time you have a choice to make. We want to be able to do what we want without anyone interfering. But when it all goes badly for us, we get down on bended knee and beg for help with our own selfishness. Often after the situation has been resolved (to something we can deal with) we go back and do it again. We say we don't want God meddling in our business yet that is exactly what we seem to be asking for when we cry out to God to "fix" things for us. So which is it? What do we want? A society where we get to make our own decisions apart from God? We've seen the outcome of that already.

Mankind has started numerous wars. Mankind has caused poverty and disease to spread like wildfire yet we cry out to God to fix something that is well within our control if only we accept the responsiblity for our actions.

Revelation shows us that God only steps in when humanity is on the brink or destroying itself.

Until then, it's up to us.

We have the example of Jah eShua to follow so we know what must be done and how to do it. Humanity as a whole simply lacks the love for one another to actually do something about it.

The new iPod is out, or the newest flatscreen is on sale. We can always save the world after we're done shopping.

Or can we?

Peace to you, a slave of Jah eShua.

Awen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit