An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I might amuse the lot of you if I did drink and post one night though.

Tec, darling, run (don't walk) to your liquor cabinet.

• tec
    tec

Sorry, love... I have no liquor cabinet :P

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm sorry, but did you say that I am being narrowminded for not accepting what you are saying? Have you once accepted what we are saying? The only one who did that was Psac.

No, dear Uber (again, peace to you!). I said you were being narrowminded for not even considering the POSSIBILITY. You CAN'T accept what you don't believe POSSIBLE, dear one. Pay attention, please...

It is literally impossible for us to feed everyone who is hungry throughout the world. You are imagining finances and food as if it just appeared out of the air. Food has a price, everything has a price.

Ummmm... who "sets" the price? God? Food is free, dear one... unless and until "we" set a price.

The rich do not wish to pay for it.

I disagree. SOME rich don't. Some do... and DO pay. As with the poor - some do wish to pay, and so don't... and some do... and so do.

No one can tell the rich what to do with their money. It is theirs.

What in the world... where did you get that anyone should TELL anyone [else] what to do... with their money or as to feeding the poor? Man, you REALLY are missing the point, here...

It is wishful thinking, and hallucinatory to imagine that it IS possible for all 7 billion people in the world to eat three meals a day.

First, what "three meals a day"? Who said anyone needed to... or that every does... eat three meals a day? Do you even know where that... ummm... "menu"... came from? The military. Many folks only eat one meal a day, some two. Some more than three. And what constitutes a "meal"? Surely, you're not suggesting that everyone on the planet needs to eat three "well-balanced" meals a day... or the quantities consumed by many in the western world? Need I mention that millions suffer from obesity... due to OVER-eating... or eating POORLY balanced meals? What are YOU on about, here?

It isn't possible to ship that much food to the remote places of the world that don't have food.

Ummmm... dear Uber... I don't know if you've noticed, but it isn't the "remote" places of the world that have problems with food shortages. Most of them have ports and docks... airstrips, if not airports... and paved roads. Somalia has all of these... indeed, it's entire eastern border is... wait for it... coastline...

You realize that a large percentage of African land can't even grow food? And hunger is just ONE problem. How do you explain disease?

I don't know that, except as to the areas that include the Sahara. But even so, why does it need to, given Africa's natural resources... including diamonds, silver, copper, precious stones, oil, etc. It could buy most of the world's food with just that alone...

It doesn't matter. Your possibility is NOT a possibility.

And you base that on... what? Your own all-knowing abilities?

What proof or evidence have you given me? Can you say "Yes look, God was here, here is what he left for us to see that he is real"? NO. There is absolutely NO evidence or proof you have given me.

Sure I can: you, dear one. You came from SOMEWHERE. Even so, I don't have to give/prove to YOU... anything. You're just a poster on an internet forum... who is asking questions of ME. I don't care whether you believe/accept my ANSWERS. Your doing so won't add one cubit to my lifespan.

This whole time you've spent dodging questions, or answering them in ways which you don't even answer them. Rather than answer the question you say something along the lines of "But... insert garbage to try and find wholes in the argument proposed when there are no wholes" GOD IS NOT LOGICAL.

I disagree. That you don't UNDERSTAND/GET/COMPREHEND/AGREE WITH the answers is not my fault. That would be like ME saying "evolution" is false because I don't understand/get/comprehend/agree with the answers. My position is not based on that, at all.

Everything must be logical, beyond our comprehension or not, logic is the building blocks of life, not cells,

And what I have shared with you IS logical... but, as you state, beyond your comprehension. Will it always be beyond your comprehension? I truly do not know. But it's absolutely logical. What's ILLOGICAL... is someone claiming there is no God... while blaming God for his/man's problems. That's not only illogical... but impossible.

your 10th grade Biology class lied to you.

Well, then chalk up another reason that one shouldn't put their full faith in science: it's advocates lie. Which is what I've alluded to many times...

Without logic, there is nothing. THAT is the point provided.

I don't know if I would agree that there is "nothing," but I certainly agree that logic is necessary. I find it curious, though, again... that someone who claims this (you) is blaming someone they don't believe exists. No logic in that, at all. None whatsoever.

You have YET to say ANYTHING meaningful about it. You have spewed garbage and utter bullshit. There should be an IQ prerequisite to use the Internet.

I don't think you want that, dear one. I don't think you would be able to handle what it would reveal about you... and about me. Besides, an IQ does not necessarily equate to a corresponding amount of common sense...

And by the way, don't give me your peace.

Okay...

I don't want/need/respect your "peace".

No problem - I receive it back.

You help continue the existence of delusion and pain throughout the world.

By responding to your silly questionings on an internet board? Seriously? You give me WAY too much credit, dear one...

You are part of the reason people feel pain throughout the world, part of the reason people feel fear, part of the reason that people are killed, and diseases continue to exist.

No, I am not. Not in any way, size, shape, or form.

I don't want your sickening, deluded peace.

Again, no problem. Would never want to force anything on YOU... including peace...

Keep it to yourself and your other little brainwashed Jesus lovers.

Done! Although, I don't personally "have" any other "little brainwashed Jesus lovers". If you bothered to read what I post... or even to get to know me on the most basic level... you would know that. In fact, some "Jesus" lovers tend to have more problems with me than you do.

I've grown sick of you, sick of your existence.

Then why keep addressing me??? Why not simply ignore me?

You are the epitome of theistic believers, the posterchild of modern delusion. You ignore evidence and proof because you're so mentally ill you believe your nonexistent savior is talking to you.

Yes, well, whatever I "am", you certainly seem to be afraid of... something...

Christianity, Islam, and religion in general is the only allowed form of mental insanity, other people are locked up in padded cells for what you do, they just say it's their friend Jim, or Joe, or Satan. Sad that you are allowed on the outside when helpless people with mental problems are locked up, and they're more rational than you will ever be.

Losing control, are you, dear Uber? I seem to recall that many who end up locked up in padded cells have that problem, too...

I hope my hurtful words have done damage.

Oh, please. Now, you're giving YOURSELF too much credit. WAY too much. The only person your "intended" hurtful words are hurting... is you. Because you're the only one feeling pain... and sick. "Damage." I feel just fine...

Stop posting on this thread,

I'm sorry, but you're not the boss of me...

you continue to post the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

What, and you've posted something different?

I'm pretty sure most atheists and non-believers have come to the conclusion that all (however many of you) are deluded, insane, and/or stupid. I prefer all three.

And you (and they) are all entitled to your opinions. As are "we". You know, free will... free country... and all that...

No Peace to you because you don't deserve peace

My peace isn't dependent upon you, dear one. In any way, size, shape, or form. Never was. I only offered it to YOU... because it was a "loving" thing to do. Don't want it? No worries - less for you... more for me, and all that...

A slave of Christ,

SA, who wonders whether dear Uber might not be headed for a padded room... given the "turn" his tone is taking here...

• tec
    tec

[Okay... at this point I have to let ya'll know that I may have to stop in a few and come back later, 'cause I've had to take a pain med - some serious cold weather has arrived and, unfortunately, it has a very painful affect on my shoulder/arm. Hurts like the dickens!! I will continue for now ('cause I've nothing else to do right now, so...) auntil it kicks in, and then... well, I may have to come back later (tomorrow, even)... and finish. Just so's ya know...]

I'm sorry for your pain, Shelby. I hope it passes soon, and the cold making it worse.

Peace and love to you,

Tammy

• unshackled
    unshackled

Tammy and Poopsie....I've been sitting at the damn pub for two hours and you're still here? Come on...we'll play Keno and seize control of the jukebox, playing Islands in the Stream on repeat.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    why REALLY are you still involved in this thread...

Three (3) reasons, actually, Jer:

1. See dear tec's comment (the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear one!);

2. Because I think it's rude, unkind, and unloving to unilaterally ignore people who address ME when I perceive that they are TRYING to be sincere, Jer (unless, of course, they're being purposefully blasphemous, etc.). I mean, so long as I SEE that they're addressing me ('cause I sometimes miss stuff directed to me on this board). I think I should give them the benefit of the doubt and respond, if and when I can.

3. It's raining here and so not much else I want to do outside my home. Since the house is clean, laundry done... and not much worth watching on TV, I decided to "spend the day" with some of you folks.

, still stating bullcrap?

Bullcrap is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder, Jer. Thus, I think much of what you post is bullcrap... and the rest of it lacking any real substance.

How's that? Now, if you would be so kind as to respond to MY questions of similar nature... which were stated to you first but you apparently believe you've blithely gotten out of...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Two hours?

Stop RUSHING us, for goodness sake!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

oh wow. What am I gonna wear???

• sizemik
    sizemik

I told my Psych Prof about this thread . . . he suggested we look at it as an evaluation exercise . . . the results could be interesting . . . any objections?

• tec
    tec

Evaluation of what, Size?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit