An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

UC - Jeff made a statement on this thread, gave his reasons for it... and asked if it held water. It is not up to me to prove his statement right or wrong.

Note, however, that your 'side' offers no proof of its position either (on the three choices that Jeff presented).

The claim that these three choices are the only choices was not mine, but his.

Peace,

Tammy

• Twitch
    Twitch

Aguest, I believe that what you and other christians believe is real to you. I just don't know why it's any more or less real than alternative beliefs about god. Of course the question puts the burden of proof on you as a believer. I can only attest to what I experience and believe, not unlike yourself or anyone for that matter. So the question remains, who or what determines whether a god is real or fake?

• N.drew
    N.drew

What's the question?

• tec
    tec

I was going to ask that ;)

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

I'm sorry, but did you say that I am being narrowminded for not accepting what you are saying? Have you once accepted what we are saying? The only one who did that was Psac.

It is literally impossible for us to feed everyone who is hungry throughout the world. You are imagining finances and food as if it just appeared out of the air. Food has a price, everything has a price. The rich do not wish to pay for it. No one can tell the rich what to do with their money. It is theirs. It is wishful thinking, and hallucinatory to imagine that it IS possible for all 7 billion people in the world to eat three meals a day. It isn't possible to ship that much food to the remote places of the world that don't have food. You realize that a large percentage of African land can't even grow food? And hunger is just ONE problem. How do you explain disease?

It doesn't matter. Your possibility is NOT a possibility. What proof or evidence have you given me? Can you say "Yes look, God was here, here is what he left for us to see that he is real"? NO. There is absolutely NO evidence or proof you have given me. This whole time you've spent dodging questions, or answering them in ways which you don't even answer them. Rather than answer the question you say something along the lines of "But... insert garbage to try and find wholes in the argument proposed when there are no wholes" GOD IS NOT LOGICAL. Everything must be logical, beyond our comprehension or not, logic is the building blocks of life, not cells, your 10th grade Biology class lied to you. Without logic, there is nothing. THAT is the point provided. You have YET to say ANYTHING meaningful about it. You have spewed garbage and utter bullshit. There should be an IQ prerequisite to use the Internet.

And by the way, don't give me your peace. I don't want/need/respect your "peace". You help continue the existence of delusion and pain throughout the world. You are part of the reason people feel pain throughout the world, part of the reason people feel fear, part of the reason that people are killed, and diseases continue to exist. I don't want your sickening, deluded peace. Keep it to yourself and your other little brainwashed Jesus lovers. I've grown sick of you, sick of your existence. You are the epitome of theistic believers, the posterchild of modern delusion. You ignore evidence and proof because you're so mentally ill you believe your nonexistent savior is talking to you. Christianity, Islam, and religion in general is the only allowed form of mental insanity, other people are locked up in padded cells for what you do, they just say it's their friend Jim, or Joe, or Satan. Sad that you are allowed on the outside when helpless people with mental problems are locked up, and they're more rational than you will ever be. I hope my hurtful words have done damage. Stop posting on this thread, you continue to post the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I'm pretty sure most atheists and non-believers have come to the conclusion that all (however many of you) are deluded, insane, and/or stupid. I prefer all three.

No Peace to you because you don't deserve peace

MR

• N.drew
    N.drew

How can we accept there is no god? We are being led by God. Please explain.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had to ask myself (may you all have peace!) why AGuest still debates/argues/discusses on this thread and can only come to two conclusions:

1. Either she cannot stop because she believes she can/will/MUST change someone's beliefs... which makes me wonder how she thinks she is truly different from, say, JWs and/or other evangelical fundamentalists/Islamic extremists... who also believe it is their "job" to change what people believe to what they believe... and won't refrain from "abusive speech/conduct" in order to do it; or

2. She has sincere curiosities as to what "we" believe... and wonders about the validity of what she believes... even though she can't yet admit it.

Otherwise, there really is not reason FOR her to continue: every issue raised and question propounded has been responded to. True, she might not LIKE the response... but that only indicates to me a high level of immaturity (such as I once witnessed among JWs).

"We" (unbelievers) continuing participating pretty much because (1) we and/or our comments are specifically addressed, or (2) "they" keep answering with bullcrap ... which, if "we" were to just ignore, would be touted by "them" as "evidence" that we "have no answer/response." To the contrary - we have... and so do... yet, are repeatedly accused of NOT doing so. The little children in the markeplace scenario.

But, because I don't want to assume or jump to [wrong] conclusions, I ask AGuest: why REALLY are you still involved in this thread, still stating bullcrap?

I truly would like to know where you're coming from. Because at this point, you're not making any sense, whatsoever, in your contentions. I look forward to your response(s), truly, and, again, peace to you!

• N.drew
    N.drew
    @ It doesn't matter. Your possibility is NOT a possibility. What proof or evidence have you given me? Can you say "Yes look, God was here, here is what he left for us to see that he is real"?

He's looking for the golden tablets. Do you blame him?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Those three options offer no insistence that there is no god - did any of the trinity read #2? That allows for a god. So does #1. You just don't like the obvious implications that come with accepting that God is either evil or impotent or deaf or uninterested in the death of 20 million innocent children a year. You have an option here, you just refuse to accept it's viability because it conflicts with your imaginary lines of decency regarding this 'god'.

Still, the logic has never been refuted by the triune partners.

As UC stated so well - the burden of proof resides with those who believe in invisible people in invisible places doing great, but invisible works, and giving invisible life, for eternity to those who correctly interpret the correct writings of the correct itinerant Jewish goat herders.

Evidence is not proof. So far there has not been any evidence nor any proof, though you keep stating you have provided it. All you have is anecdotal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

We are being led by God.

No. No you're not.

And that's the gist of this entire debate.

God is good, God is great, he leads me by my roller skates vs. You're nuts.

The 30 some pages of your so-called evidence has become evidence for the "other side". Delusional ramblings of incomprehensible loonies. That's all the non-believers need to enter as evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit