Here is the funeral talk outline. VERY discraceful.

by stillstuckcruz 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I wonder if they credit the time to the deceased ?

As his/her final witness ?

smiddy

• DJS
    DJS

Great OP,

I hated this sick practice. Non dubs having to listen to this self aggrandizing marketing pitch in lieu of a respectful and dignified remembrance and celebration of the deceased's life always left disgusted.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

DJS said,

...this self aggrandizing marketing pitch...

That was perfectly put!

It's a shame that at every event, gathering, meeting, etc, Watchtower is on the never-ending sell, and they will do it with total disregard for the sanctity of human life.

• Warren Wilson
    Warren Wilson
    My foster parents died within six months of each other 13 years ago,both of them died of cancer.When my foster parents became witnesses it cut us off from my whole family except my unbelieving foster sister. The elder who gave the talk at my foster mother's funeral did a tremendous job of healing old wounds and brining the family together. Less than six months later this same elder (ken howitt) delivered the most disgraceful travesty of a funeral talk that it split the whole family once again. He used it as an excuse to ram their beliefs down my family's throat. He made it quite clear that the only worthwhile thing that my foster father did was to become a witness. My foster sister( who had cared for him in her home through the whole thing was so upset that I thought she was having a break down). I had been out for 5 years at that point. My foster brother and I (he is still very much in) almost had a fist fight. I said that as long as he is a witness I want nothing to do with him. He said,"you never were much of a witness." I said,"Stephen, that is the best thing you have ever said to me." Then the callous bastards used the occasion to try to get me back in!
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    They say that it is meant to give a witness to the worldly family members and ones of the public. It is just a means of advertising or bring them in to where they would not listen prior.
  • franticfran
    franticfran

Our old PO,s wife died recently and she asked for a " private" funeral because she said she disliked the way funerals were conducted at the hall with barely a mention of the life and works of the deceased instead it was used as a public talk. I liked that woman. It got right up their noses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit