Here is the funeral talk outline. VERY discraceful.

by stillstuckcruz 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

JW funeral talk outline

This is TRULY terrible. I just love the statement "Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth." In other words, utterly disregard the deceased. Let's use them as a prop to get out message across.

My elder father gave this talk about three weeks ago for a sister that died. Followed this exact pattern. One of the most awful statements is..."doctrinal points can be presented as beliefs of the deceased, which served as motivation for him." Ok, so lets use this whether they were motivated my our made-up points or not. It's a good witness so lets go with it....

What are your comments?

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

As I observed in some situations if you want to center the discourse on the loss of the loved one and their life, you will receive a ration of crap if you attempt it.

• agonus
    agonus

It's completely and utterly dehumanizing.

Apparently a watchtower is a structure built from headstones.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Horrible. What do you expect? These funeral discources are the last chance that the WT will get to use that individual to recruit.

• JRK
    JRK

They are a JW infomercial.

JK

• zoiks
    zoiks

These funeral discources are the last chance that the WT will get to use that individual to recruit.

So true, MrFreeze...except when it's a child dying due to his/her parents' refusal of blood. Then the exploitation may continue.

What a shitty religion.

• Alfred
    Alfred

"The talk need not exceed 30 minutes."

Why not? Are they afraid that funerals might start interfering with field service???

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"sales pitch with a dead body next to it"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I was never a fan of the Funeral Talk .....I hated the way they used someone's death by Exploiting it to a preaching message.

I would prefer a few friends to come up and say what they thought about the deceased.

Wonder how the funerals were conducted in the first century?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

OMG My sister died last May and this is exactly how the talk flowed. How sterile can it get!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit