Is it possible for an apostate to get reindoctrinated?

by foolsparadise 106 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Teary Oberon . . .

Is there somebody else you are referring to as "Teary" . . . or are you referring to yourself in the third person?

If it is the former, perhaps you could label them "Teary1" and "Teary2"

If it is the latter . . . . well, Sizemik and I find that somewhat odd . . . could you explain it?

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Can one get reinserted back into the Matrix?

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Teary Oberon . . .Is there somebody else you are referring to as "Teary" . . . or are you referring to yourself in the third person? If it is the former, perhaps you could label them "Teary1" and "Teary2" If it is the latter . . . . well, Sizemik and I find that somewhat odd . . . could you explain it?"

Hmm...it is tough to explain. Perhaps Teary is similar to Thing 1 and Thing 2 in The Cat in the Hat?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is it possible for an apostate to get reindoctrinated?

It is possible, but it would require a weakened state of mind. Fear would do the trick.

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Those who leave a group and then move on with their lives and believe nothing else afterwards would not qualify as "apostates."
    An apostate is one who leaves a group and then takes an active and aggressive stand against his former affiliation.....Teary

Use a Dictionary..It will help you learn the meaning of words you don`t understand..

a·pos·tate (-pstt, -tt)

n... One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause.

There has also been evidence documented that many apostates of NRMs only develop the apostate traits
    (anger with their former group, obsession with "taking them down" or "proving them wrong," retelling of the classic atrocity narrative, ect.) AFTER coming
    into contact with the subversive anti-cult groups. And it is these anti-cult groups that Teary refers to when he says that apostates simply "switch" to
    another form of indoctrination (not necessarily religious indoctrination, but more group/social indoctrination)......Teary

Evidently.. You have provided no evidence,for your claims about apostates..And.. Apostate is clearly a word you you don`t understand.. .............................;-)...OUTLAW

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Of course if you're on the panel of elders reconvening after you've filed your DA letter eloquently denouncing the whole sham and posting dozens of youtube videos which have been remixed all over the place, what are you to do when faced with a sound of mind, rational professedly sincere ex-elder-bethelite-pioneer person who says ...

"I've reconsidered, and I realize how very wrong I was....I simply don't know what got into me. Perhaps it was college, perhaps it was my research on the history of blood in medicine and all that "knowledge stuff". Yes, yes!... I really believe all that I said I didn't believe in great and studious detail. Oh, and all the money I made on the sales of those books denouncing the organization I do herewith resolve to donate to the furtherance of the good news...So you let me know when I can get back in. I am so looking forward to the ministry. *sigh* I've missed that most of all. "

You're the elders. The man has a perfect record of attendance at the meetings, he's well dressed and oh so polite.

How long will you wait?

Wait too long and "the friends" will wonder what's wrong with you heartless pharisees.

But HOW can you be certain if EVER, that this clever b*stard is really sincere?

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

*sigh* People really don't know how to do their own research on this forum do they? Teary doesn't like wasting a bunch of time digging up references for other people though (do your own work!), so he will just throw out a quick bone or two (the first of which Teary ALREADY gave in an earlier post!):

"In a technical sense, as used sometimes by sociologists without the pejorative connotations of the word, the term refers to renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to one's former religion." -- Yahya, Hasan. "A New Definition of Apostasy and Heretics: Sociological Analysis" "Most former members do not become apostates. They remain — in sociological terms suggested by David Bromley and others — "defectors" (members who somewhat regret having left an organization they still perceive in largely positive terms), or "ordinary leave takers" with mixed feeling about their former affiliation. However ordinary leave takers (and, to some extent, defectors) remain socially invisible, insofar as they do not like or care to discuss their genuine representatives of the former members. In fact, quantitative research shows that even in extremely controversial groups, apostates normally represent less than 15% of former members." Massimo Introvigne, Religious Liberty in Europe: Apostate
  • sizemik
    sizemik
    Hmm...it is tough to explain. . . . Teary Oberon

The 'Cat in the Hat' illustration was a good start, but perhaps I can help . . .

Reference to oneself in the third person is common among children desiring to attribute qualities of fantasy to themselves when engaging the imagination. Similarly, in adults, reference to oneself in the third person enables a perceptive duality whereby the individual feels distanced from their behavior or speech, psychologically relieving them of the full degree of responsibility and the evasion of possible consequences for that behavior or speech. - Human Psychology 101.

Not unlike the mechanisms associated with CD perhaps?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarked)

• unshackled
    unshackled
    Not unlike the mechanisms associated with CD perhaps?

sizemik and yourself...unshackled and I agree with the post you guys made. Though, I, a little more than unshackled. We don't agree on everything 100%. How about sizemik and you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit