Is it possible for an apostate to get reindoctrinated?

by foolsparadise 106 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

And if so why?

• Scully
    Scully

Frontal lobotomy

or bottle in front of me

both effective

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, fear is a powerful force. If someone believes he or she might get gehenna, then the person might want to believe again in the "peace" and "security" of the "flock" and go back. There is a method the brain has for lying to it's self. So the person might make self believe every "apostate" learning was a trick because they want the feeling of security again. You know, the walls of Jericho or the Euphrates River...going back to deny the truth of the Bible again. Because we "apostates" know they deny the bible for the fear of man (Governing Body), so they go back to do it again.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Yes,

The society are not stupid people. They dont cut off your family because they think its christian, they do it so you cant spread your lies AND... so that you may one day return for emotional/psychological reasons. Is it that hard to believe that some will convince themselves that black is white if they get ther family back?

I dont think it ever lasts however... there is something very powerful about truth.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Is it possible for an apostate to get reindoctrinated?"

Not really, because "apostates" technically never get "unindoctrinated" -- they just switch from one form of indoctrination to another.

• nateb
    nateb

Once you lose the fear of reprisal from what turned out to be a non-existent entity and taste the freedom of personal authenticity and independent thought there is no turning back.

• steve2
    steve2

People probably wouldn't ever return to the "innocence" of the original belief and trust they once had in the Watchtower, but to win back family and societal approval they may sound as if they have been reindoctrinated.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Not really, because "apostates" technically never get "unindoctrinated" -- they just switch from one form of indoctrination to another.

You're gonna have to explain that one for me. As an "apostate", I haven't left one form of indoctrination for another. I'm not a part of any church, I'm not affiliated with any religion. I actually have my own beliefs (or lack of). I'm not religious at all. I haven't been "indoctrinated" into anything else. So how is this statement true? Or are you making blanket statements and painting with a wide brush (and other cliches lol)?

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

I like the comments coming on this thread. Let's all keep up the good dialouge and maybe have a little non heated debate....

• wobble
    wobble

Is it possible for someone to return to a firm belief in Santa Claus once they have learned the truth about that old story told to kids ?

not really, is it.

The vulnerable are the ones who are not really "Apostate", who have never really "stood apart" from the WT teachings. Perhaps they still have a fear of Armageddon, or Judgement Day, or they feel the need to expunge Original Sin, such ones may get sucked back in, but only because they felt there was "some truth" in the Santa Claus like teachings of the WT.

Such ones are the mentally lazy, who will not research or think for themselves, so back to the cult they go, poor saps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit