It's BACK - the 2011 Global Survey of JWs!!

by cedars 122 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

I sent an email to all of my current and ex JW contacts, dear cedars (again, peace to you!). I told them that the survey (and my email) was entirely confidential. Of course, I told them they weren't obligated to take the survey or even let me know one way or the other but that I thought they might have opinions that should be heard if they wanted them to be. Here is the jist of my email (in case someone wants to send something similar to their contacts):

"Hello... and I hope this email finds you and yours doing well! First, please be assured that this email is entirely confidential: NO ONE knows that I sent it to you. Okay, then, here's what it's about: I came across the following "survey" re Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization and thought of you:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T7ZM5ZC

Apparently, some folks who are still active in the organization are trying to make the GB "aware" of what many of the members go through. Not that I think they (the GB, etc.) will LISTEN, but I think your opinions should be included, if you want them to be. If so, please... take the survey! You don't have to let me know whether you did or didn't - you don't even have to respond, here. But I think if you have an opinion, this may be the only way to get it out there. You may no longer care, I get that. But I don't know that and so just wanted to give you a chance to weigh in, if you wanted to.

Please note, I checked and have been assured that the survey is TOTALLY ANONYMOUS - there is NO way that the Watchtower, etc., can trace your comments back to you OR your computer. NO way. It is safe and secure. Please note, it is also not an attempt to cause the Watchtower problems, but only to make the men at the top somewhat aware of what people farther down are going through/think.

And, yes, I took the survey... because even though I am NOT involved with Jehovah's Witnesses any longer, I feel for those that still are. I don't think ANYONE should have to suffer and/or serve God in the kind of "fear" that many of the elders and others use to "control" the congregations they serve over. I realize that they are "imperfect" men; however, some things one doesn't have to be hit over the head to KNOW is wrong. LOVE is the fulfillment of Christ's NEW Covenant... and where love is lacking, there can be no Christ, and thus, no God. Some, then, are in danger of "losing" God... based on how they treat God's sheep. If there's anything that I can say, then, to help ease the "load" of those who still seek God through the Watchtower, I will do it. Certainly, if it takes less than 10 minutes of my time.

Again, no pressure, obligation... or fear: do it if you want, don't if you don't want to. No worries.

Thank you... and may JAH bless!"

Note, I realized after that it might not be as secure as I stated. No worries, though - if they're unsure, they most probably won't take it, anyway. I think only one or two persons contacted would be concerned, though, and they either already post here (and so may have seen this thread)... or uses a library computer anyway, so...

Please, anyone, feel free to use all or part (or none) of my email - I really think the more that participate the merrier. Again, I don't anticipate the survey bringing down the WTBTS, but it just might get those still in SOME relief.

My TRUE inclination, however, is that the result will be worse, indeed, the same as with Israel under Rehoboam as recorded at 1 Kings 12:1-15. In that instance, rather than listening to the request from Jeroboam and advice of his counselors and so lightening his "yoke" on the people, Rehoboam (son of Solomon) chose to make things even harder for the people. The result? The dividing of the nation: from one united group... into two: the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah (which stayed loyal to Rehoboam), and the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel (which followed Jeroboam).

In that light, I don't think any of us should be surprised when there ends up being another "branch" of JWs at some future point. "Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses"... versus "Orthodox Jehovah's Witnesses"... or some such melarkey. It is the natural "evolution" that has happened with every other religion; no doubt it's gonna happen with this one, as well. This survey... or similar... the blood and pedophilia issues... treatment of women... and many other factors will contribute to this.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cedars
    cedars

Hi AGuest - wow thanks so much for going to such lengths to get more responses to my survey!! It's very moving to see others really trying hard to make this a success. It would be amazing if more people, perhaps in the same position as you, could do the same thing.

I'm now on 690 responses, so just 10 short of my target for today (which is a shame). I should probably mention that I will be "silent" tomorrow, because Mrs Cedars and I are going on a day trip. However, I will be picking up the thread on Wednesday and posting the results of the survey whatever happens then.

If wonderful people like you and life is too short can keep bumping the thread in my absense - that would be VERY much appreciated!

Cedars

• AGuest
    AGuest

Glad to be of [some] help, dear cedars (again, peace to you!), but I will leaving the bumping to others, if you don't mind... 'cause I don't know how to do it - LOLOLOL!

Peace... to both you and Mrs. Cedars... and have a wonderful and safe trip!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

bttt

• life is to short
    life is to short

BTT

I really hope when cedars returns it is over 700 so bumping up.

LITS

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Those of you who have been lurking/visiting: Welcome! Have you taken the survey yet?

• Lozhasleft
  • N.drew
    N.drew

bumping to the top BTTT

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I'll do it, but I honestly don't know if they disassociated me or if I am a fader/inactive

• N.drew
    N.drew

Jehovah's Witnesses don't dis-associate people. They "mark" them and dis-fellowship them.

The person leaving the organization sometimes dis-associates himself or herself.

It's like saying "I quit", and I want them to know. Many others, like myself, just disappear; POOF!

And the funny thing is, they don't care. It's all very weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit