It's BACK - the 2011 Global Survey of JWs!!

by cedars 122 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Lozhasleft - thanks for your kind comment!

soft+gentle - yes, I thought that was a telling comment too. It would be fascinating to know just how many like this brother feel trapped into carrying out such a pretense deep within the organization. I hope the brother in question finds some relief from interracting or "lurking" on here, and knowing he is not alone in his frustration, we certainly share them with him...

We're now on 750...

• cedars
    cedars

Still only on 755 responses, let's have a big push to reach 800! Tell everyone you can to take part...

Here are some recent comments (spelling mistakes not mine):

• There is so much to say to them, but I dont want to waste any more of my time.
    • This religious sect is front organization for international bankers.
    • Cult. I was raised in it and didn't have any idea how much it contributed to my unhappiness until I left. Waited much too long. Now if only I can get my family out. And boy am I gonna try!
    • They are the new Pharisees.
    • Nothing new since 1975 except their importance , False Christ . Prophesy ends at Math 24 ;14 . NO light for 15-20 as suggested by old slave . "We represent Jehovah on earth" . "We have been appointed over all his (the Messiah's) earthly posessions .NO MORE incouraging ex JW , AND UGLY flock now , as those not interested will die . Seperating the sheep from the goats AS IF a GOD! Fulfilling 2 Th 2 all exactly . WT Dec 15 2006 .
    • They are making the same mistakes as other religious leaders thruout history by going beyond the things written and lording it over the flock of God, putting heavey burdens upon them. By making rules and traditions on things which should be conscience matters they severly limit the bro/sis from progressing from babes to mature christians. Instead the brothers are forever dependant on the governing body to make choices for them. They blur the lines between loyalty to Jehovah and loyalty to them. For most JWs who are of the "other sheep" the govening body in a way takes the place of Christ and becomes mediator. I think their wrong teaching on the New Covenant is the worst thing.
    • I was disfellowshipped twice but came back in both times, the first time because I truly believed, the second time for family. But since coming back the second time, I've been inactive. I haven't gone to a meeting in 8 years. As time goes by, it becomes more and more obvious that the governing body are just a group of old men on a power trip. I'm currently an agnostic, so I don't believe any of the teachings of JW's and very few teachings of the Bible itself.
    • Pharisees
    • They are not the "faithful and discreet slave." I don't think anyone has that position. They misuse disfellowshipping. They use it as a weapon to keep their members in line. There is freedom of speech in this country and there is a law against hate speech. They are wrong to require two witness for child molestation. That is too stupid to contemplate. They act like the Mafia, you cannot just leave, they have to get rid of you if you disagree with anything they say. They do not tell the truth and then blame it on the flock when what they say does not happen i.e. the end in 1975. They will have a lot to answer for to Jehovah and Jesus for mistreating the flock
    • I believe they are victims of their own dogma. I fall back to one of Jenny Holzer's truisms, "abuse of power comes as no surprise." Because they have appointed themselves as leaders they will be judged by Heaven, accordingly for all of the abuse that has been conducted in the organization under their direction. One of their gravest crimes has been to steal, separate or scatter sheep away from their true shepherd, Jesus Christ.
    • Such a closed and secretive system as the GB should not make so many decisions that can and do affect so many people, thereby causing them to loose their own christian freedom
    • The spiritistic and apostate Sanhedrin (GB) and the Pharisees (ruling clergy class and hierarchy) have stolen their followers' faith and salvation. This has been done by teaching religion instead of the "unabridged gospel". "All religion" is indeed "a snare and a racket" as Rutherford (rascal that he was) often wrote. The false, shortened, reductionist or "truncated gospel" taught to and embraced by their followers shows them to be apostate (spiritually unfaithful and naked prostitutes). It is not an accident that followers of the WBT$ are ignorant of the gospel according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, Psalms and others. More than half the Bible's references to the gospel are by Paul!
    • Stop being like the Pharisees that Christ despised! I will never bow to you ever again as Christ is my mediator!
    • I could care less if it could be used against me. I don't fear false prophets. I've researched them inside and out, and they have to fear me now. I'll expose them every chance I get. If they wanted me to learn the truth, then they've succeded, because I know the truth about them and their history all the way back to Ellen G. White of the SDA movement in the late 1800'S. Russell was a punk. and so was Rutherford. In fact the whole bunch is rotten to their governing body core. If I'm still listed in their records let the records be purged. I don't want to be connected with these liars at all.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Great comments.

• cedars
    cedars

bumping for more responses....

• life is to short
    life is to short

cedars

I cannot get this comment out of my mind ( Is this really what the GB wants? Secret non-believers in the congregation? They leave no other choice other than social suicide.)

It truly boggles my mind to wonder what the GB is truly thinking. They have to know that their stand on shunning is only making them rot and decay from the inside out.

In a way I am proff of this, I am still active in that I turn time in every month. I tell everyone the reason I am not at the meetings is doctors orders because of the pedophiles. Truly it is the reason. Seeing men who have rapped kids holding them and talking care of them makes me have panic attacks. My doctor who also is the doctor for the attorney elder in my hall told me that if I kept going and watching the child molesters holding the kids I would sink deeper and deeper into my depression.

So far even though the attorney elder has threatened me with being df'ed nothing has happened. I still am a member. Some still talk to me others do shun me but it is just so bizarre that I am in such limbo.

Those who do not shun me know why I am not at the meetings and they all know about the child molesters because of me. I was so active before the pedophiles moved in and I stopped cold turkey.

The GB really is shooting themselves in the foot with how they are running the show right now.

I truly am so grateful for you doing this ceaders.

Thank you again.

LITS

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks LITS for sharing that story, picking up on the "social suicide" comment. I had no idea you are technically an active witness although you don't go to meetings because of doctor's orders! That's a truly remarkable experience, and not one the Society would be proud of were it to become publically known. It is remarkable that the Society would rather keep the unscriptural shunning practice in force just to make it difficult for former believers to influence family members, and in so doing, risk having people attached to the organization out of compulsion (rather than a sincere desire to worship). It's a sickening state of affairs but something that we all wrestle with in one way or the other.

I genuinely hope that this survey, and similar initiatives, will contribute towards ending this once and for all, sooner than it otherwise would.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

bumping for responses...

• cedars
    cedars

768 responses, keep 'em coming in folks...

• life is to short
    life is to short

bumping up for the weekend people who might not have seen this.

LITS

• cedars
    cedars

bumping for responses...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit