It's BACK - the 2011 Global Survey of JWs!!

by cedars 122 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

soft+gentle - I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully, by investigating my other posts on this forum, you will soon understand that I have no motives or interests in using people's IP addresses for any nefarious purposes. In fact, I take people's anonymity extremely seriously, as it is a pledge that is made to people on the first page of the survey. If you still feel uncomfortable leaving your IP address on the survey, which ultimately just indicates what town or city you're in, then I obviously respect your decision.

Interestingly, a fair number of active elders who are in 'positions of authority' have so far participated in the survey, and all but one of these elders have expressed their dissatisfaction with the Governing Body.

• cedars
    cedars

The following comment, left recently on the survey, was very touching indeed. I thought I would share it with you all...

After being in this organization my entire life, I finally took the advice of the Society, and I read my Bible. I am currently a Ministerial Servant, and my conscience is killing me. I watch brothers and sisters coming in and out of the Kingdom Hall, and they are so thirsty for real comfort, real spirituality. They won't get it here. If only I could go back 15 years ago and find myself, push myself into a corner, and talk to him. Really talk some sense into him, then so many things might be different for me now. I have learned so much in the last year and a half, but prior to this survey I didn't know about the NGO affiliation. I do now. Funny, though, it doesn't surprise me. No more regrets. I'm done with the organization. I am an active JW now. In two days time I will submit my letter of dissociation. As of right now, I am free! Free mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.

It would seem that, with the help of the UN/NGO question, the survey is doing some good already!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Shameless bump - we're on 670....

• N.drew
    N.drew

For fear of revealing an IP address, can the survey be completed at the library far away, next time you go to the city?

Libraries are good for checking into forums that one has been excommunicated from.

• cedars
    cedars

N.drew - that's an excellent idea. Thanks!

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. If you're cautious about your IP address, get yourself down to the internet cafe or local library!

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

Thanks for the response cedars. For the 2012 I will tick Inactive on the survey since I never officially disassociated.

This is so interesting seeing the results and the comments. Thank you for all the hard work. We really do appreciate you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I did not disassociate because I'm boycotting the JW rule to inform former church members of disassociation.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@cedars:

That comment is very interesting. I wonder which doctrines that particular MS disagreed with? Were there any he didn't disagree with?

I think the comments of those that check they are currently active Witnesses are very interesting. I guess its because those that are already out know what the WTB&TS is all about. To me, it is more interesting to see the comments of those still in. It feels like a better metric for how the rank and file are feeling.

Thanks again!

MeanMrMustard

• screwface
    screwface

I HOPE IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE A LONGSHOT.......

• cedars
    cedars

Mean Mr Mustard - yes you're right, it was an interesting comment. The MS in question ticked almost all of the "disagreement" options, with the notable exception of the evolution option. I genuinely feel there is a large "underground" population of genuine brothers in authority, like this brother, who have done their homework and managed to figure out many of the lies of the WTBTS for themselves. That's why I think the survey is important in giving them a voice. If nothing else, I am glad that this survey has revealed the UN/NGO scandal to people who were otherwise unaware of it, as this brother's comments testify.

screwface - I don't think it's that much of a "longshot", I just think it's 'early days' for the survey at the moment. I think the momentum will build as it grows in notoriety. Hopefully once the survey's website is finished, with a memorable domain name, this will help with getting the word out to the rank and file. You can't underestimate the power of "word of mouth" in this organization. I genuinely feel that, as far as the survey is concerned, ALL publicity is good publicity. I would love if it could get a negative mention from the convention platform, prompting disgruntled publishers to see what all the fuss is about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit