It's BACK - the 2011 Global Survey of JWs!!

by cedars 122 Replies latest jw friends

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Hi Cedars,

I have participated to the survey, though I'm leaving in Europe. I have sent the links to my children ans a friend, so they can participate too. And what about the italian forum on which I participate? Do you think would be a good idea asking them to participate?

I'm inactive (and no more a JW believer) since 6 years, my husband is a well known 'apostate' who also writes on here. We have good contacts with the Andersons.

Good initiative yours.

Regards,

Claudia

• cedars
    cedars

deep-blue-sea - thanks for your comments and for taking part. I would be delighted if you could spread the word in as many forums and countries as possible. We need people to answer these questions and give a resounding answer to the Govening Body that enough is enough...

• cedars
    cedars

We're on 781 responses, I need 19 more before I release the results!!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Just did the survey. Thanks!!!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

[snip]... It is remarkable that the Society would rather keep the unscriptural shunning practice in force just to make it difficult for former believers to influence family members, and in so doing, risk having people attached to the organization out of compulsion (rather than a sincere desire to worship). It's a sickening state of affairs but something that we all wrestle with in one way or the other.

I genuinely hope that this survey, and similar initiatives, will contribute towards ending this once and for all, sooner than it otherwise would.

Cedars

@cedars:

The day the shunning policy is dropped is the day the organization ends. What really holds a person to the WTB&TS?

1) Ignorance

2) Staying in to help others wake up

3) Social pressures due to shunning policy.

I can't think of any more reasons off the top of my head.

I think #2 is almost non-existant or an excuse for #3. And there are less and less staying in because of #1. The vast majority of people (especially the younger generations) go to the meeting out of compulsion. If the WTB&TS were to do away with the shunning policy, how far do you think the numbers would drop? The exodus would be massive.

MeanMrMustard

• Violia
    Violia

I check inactive since I am not officially DA .I did not see a place for "just stopped attending" .

• cedars
    cedars

Bumping for responses - we're on 789!

11 more responses and I publish the latest results...

• cedars
    cedars

Hi guys,

I just need six more responses to reach 800!! I will then publish a summary on here, and then close down the survey temporarily so that we can export the results to the survey's new home on its new website.

Please lets have one final push and then we can get things moving!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

come on guys, just 6 more!

• N.drew
    N.drew

I am bemused about the relatively few responses. So I am bumping up the survey for more responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit