Did YOU Actually Believe That You Would Never Die?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

no

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I certainly did. Oh well. Live and learn (or die, actually)

• minimus
    minimus

it's sad to see 80 year olds coming to grip with the reality of death, huh?

• Bella15
    Bella15

Gosh I was never sure ... I was like 13 years old when I overheard my dad telling my mom that I was going to be destroyed in Armageddon ... I don't remember why thou ... they thought I was sleeping but I was just pretending ... Now, I don't know why ... I have "eternity" in my mind ...

• mrquik
    mrquik

Iconoclast: My father- in-law knew Rutherford personally. We had dinner with the Schroeders from time to time. Used to go the Bethel farm when it was in Lansing, NY. First four congregations I met at as a kid were in homes, storefronts or converted apartments. I've been around awhile.

• cofty
    cofty

Bella that must have been traumatic.

I genuinely believed I was going to live forever.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

MrQuik: Maybe that explains the difference. We've dealt with death in our family because most of my family came in because of my grandparents. They were both Catholic before converting so I don't think they ever thought they would "see" the end and prepared for death just in case.

• minimus
    minimus

My pioneer partner believed it so much that he gave up a beautiful university education and any scholarship he could have. Dumbass....

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Funny Minimus, I have a family member that righteously gave up a full scholarship to a high ranking university so she could pioneer. Now she's a stay at home mom.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Not that there's anything wrong with that! I'm just saying that she gave up a great oppurtunity to knock on doors and now that she doesn't do that anymore, she can't find a job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit