Did YOU Actually Believe That You Would Never Die?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yes....

• snakeface
    snakeface

Yes I did. That's when I went and took flying lessons and became a pilot. My instructor said I was the "most adventurous student" he ever had.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

In looking at the responses (posts) and it appears that most who said they thought that they would die, it was because they didn't think they were going to be spared at the big A by Jehovah - so, it appears that many did believe in Everlasting Life in a Paradise Earth, but didn't believe that they qualified.

Pre-1995 and the change in the explanation of "the generation", I believe most JW believed (and hoped) that they would NEVER die. Of course, after that change, many JWs (esp. older ones) were now re-thinking this and coming to the conclusion that they would die before "the end" came. I have heard individuals say this out loud to me and others.

I am mad and disappointed at the WTS for holding out a hope that is NEVER going to happen! Who in the world do these Governing Body members think they are! Living off of everyone's contributions and making rules that go beyond the scriptures! With all that is available on the internet exposing the WTS, it's amazing to me that they can sleep at night.

• Diest
    Diest

Freddie Mercury asked the better question....Who Wants To Live Forever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE&ob=av3n

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit