More apostate hating from the Watchtower

by Igot2bme 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

They are afraid of us, but they shoot themselves in the foot all the time.

The only thing that we are doing is talking about it to each other, nothing more.

Grasp at those straws, WTBTS. I have zero interest in 'rescuing' anyone who does not want to be rescued. ;D

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

ReallyTrulyAthena:

Man, that article gives me chills.

The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood...

• DT
    DT

I find it interesting that they don't say who the Bible scholar is who discusses a "slaughter of apostates". They probably took his words out of context. I did a search and it doesn't appear that his comments are on the Internet. I would like to track him down and ask him what he thinks about how the Watchtower Society used his words.

• flipper
    flipper

IGOT2BME- It is sickening the comparison the WT society uses to compare Jehu slaughtering apostates to elders slaughtering them by DFing them. The WT society leaders are such twisted %ucks - they'll do or say anything to foment anger and violent thoughts towards ex-Witnesses . No wonder so many of our family members don't associate with us ! A-holes

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"pure worship" the WTS is about as close to pure worship as Joseph Fritzl is to good parenting

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I find it interesting that they don't say who the Bible scholar is who discusses a "slaughter of apostates". They probably took his words out of context. I did a search and it doesn't appear that his comments are on the Internet. I would like to track him down and ask him what he thinks about how the Watchtower Society used his words.

It shows how poor Watchtower information is when they still regularly do not reference sources. Since the quote cannot be found on the internet, it is quite possible that the term scholar is loosely being used to refer to some JW in the Bethel writing department.

• Borgia
    Borgia

The WT uses any OT example they can to force their agenda of NO APOSTACY and TOW the PARTY LINE! And we all know that the OT is immoral and does nothing to elevate our enlightened society. It sounds like the Kingdom Halls are becoming the equal of some of the mosques in The Netherlands which were denounced by one politician as palaces of hate. In this case: not halls of fame but halls of hate.

On the side of the article is a column about Jehu's historicity. Funny though. Using the same source they say: see A Jehu is mentioned although he is portrayed as a son of Omri which flies in the face of the biblical account. BUT, again using the same source, they discount the fact that Jehu paid tribute to Assyria. Which would be logical given the brutal rep the assyrians had and would align with the Jehu story. He was simply brown nosing the Assyrian King by showing off in a slaughter. A sort of Return to Wolfenstein avant la lettre.

The latter part of the Jehu article recounts the fact that although Jehu did some things ok, he left the Golden Calf in tact. It is mentioned he had his own reasons to not fully seek "Anschluß" with the Southern Kingdom. Although the bible writer had rather seen a different scenario, he went down in history of one of the good guys.This situation of Golden Calf = Jehovah worship + sacrifice on the highplaces = Jehovah worship can be seen throuhout the pre babylonian OT.

So, lesson may be: you can be harsh on one point and lenient on another and yet be a good guy. As long as you are not in full rivalry with the WBTS and sing their praise, you get a break. You should be rounding up and extradite all who are not praising the WBTS. Note that Jehu used a litmus test. Perhaps, the WBTS will soon be directing elders on this matter, to use a litmus test. The mechanics are in place to start a new witchhunt.

But in the historical context the GB/FDS gladly compares itself with Jehu and Jonadabs with the great crowd. It would give them an excuse to praise their Golden Calf WBTS although technically it would represent apostasy on their part. But he, Jehu was one of the good guys, right?

Cheers

Borgia

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Basically they have their asses covered on this one. They don't directly incite any sort of violence to the JW's when you read the entire thing in context. The worst that this does is imply that apostates are worthy of death... but then again so is everyone in 3rd world countries that never had someone offer them a Washtowel and Asleep magazine and aren't worshipping jehover. Nothing to see here imo.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

It really does make veiled threats against apostates,dosent it....hmmm

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where are all the "politically correct" police when you need them? This is blatant hate speech--whole paragraphs, whole articles. I can only hope they lose their legal status in most of the world, and start getting taxed to death. Along with the members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class getting charged with hate crimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit