More apostate hating from the Watchtower

by Igot2bme 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Damn, this seriously needs to be forwarded to the authorities that are looking into the hate speech claims. The independent could do a follow up article quoting this. They wouldn't even have to comment on it, they just need to show the article and it would speak for itself.

• DT
    DT

Calling apostates "mentally diseased" was incredibly stupid. Praising the "slaughter of apostates" takes this to an entirely different level. Saying that "Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship." is not enough of a disclaimer. They say it was ok in the past so they could decide it is ok in the future. It also encourages other non violent actions that may still be in violation of the law.

• cedars
    cedars

I've had a careful look at the article, and I agree that it is shocking, but it might be difficult to present a clear cut case to non-Witnesses, even though we all know ourselves that the purpose of the article is to incite fear and hatred of apostates. The actual mention of apostates is a quotation from a "bible scholar", so I'm fairly sure if any journalist went to the Society about it they would just say "we were only quoting a secular source, why don't you investigate them?" Please correct me if I'm missing something here. I'm just homing in on the word "apostate" - I may have missed some other reference. Also, the 'practical application' of Jehu in relation to apostates is pretty vague.

"No doubt you can see that circumstances faced by Christians today require that they manifest certain qualities possessed by Jehu. For instance, how should we react if tempted to engage in any activity that Jehovah condemns? We should be prompt, courageous, and dynamic in rejecting it. When it comes to our godly devotion, we cannot tolerate any rivalry toward Jehovah."

A noteworthy part of the article is where it says:

"all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals."

This stands in direct contradiction of the statement made by Rick Fenton in the Independent.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Cofty see my link, it's in PDF.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is near the knuckle deffo!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Can anyone point me to a pdf the magazine of the "mentally disease" article? I forgot to save it on my files and I need it. Thanks.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

We HAVE to throw this to media along with the "mental diseased" articles. People must really think JW's are insane. And it's funny(more like sad) how those inside find nothing wrong with this. Well I guess from experience and research, I've learned that people in the Borg aren't always what they seem. If they have a problem with either of these articles, too bad. Tough it up! It's from Jehovah!

• Mickey mouse
  • The Quiet One
  • cofty
    cofty

Thanks for the link. Reluctantly I have to agree they have left themselves an easy way out of any complaint. The messge is clear to those in the know of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit