More apostate hating from the Watchtower

by Igot2bme 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals." cantleave, can you forward this to your journalist contact? It shows up Rick Fenton's statement, as already mentioned. Keep it up, guys!

• nugget
    nugget

The article is very clever after talking about the courageous acts of Jehu it is quick to point out that witnesses do not engage in violence and that there courage is limited to throwing apostates out of the congregation.

• cedars
    cedars

Quiet One - the journalist isn't daft. He and I have since discussed Rick Fenton's comments, and I can assure you they were taken at face value.

• DT
    DT

I think they trapped themselves with their own words. Yes they can argue that they're quoting someone and they aren't actually condoning the "slaughter of apostates" (today at least). Still, it is very hateful and provocative speach and they do present the "slaughter of apostates" in a favorable light. It appears that they are using this graphic language to desensitise their readers about the idea of doing other things that may still be illegal, including various types of discriminatioin.

This language should be appalling to anyone who isn't a witness. It may also be very disturbing to many witnesses who don't know how to defend this kind of language.

It may be helpful to remind witnesses that they believe in the concept of community responsibility and that if this provacative language leads to any violence or other illegal actions, then they will share in the guilt.

• DT
    DT

I'm sure they wrote that article long before they had any idea that the "mentally diseased" article would blow up in their face. I wonder if their lawyers will place any pressure on them to stop distributing that issue. I doubt that they would because that would be a public admission that they made a mistake.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"No doubt you can see that circumstances faced by Christians today require that they manifest certain qualities possessed by Jehu. For instance, how should we react if tempted to engage in any activity that Jehovah condemns? We should be prompt, courageous, and dynamic in rejecting it. When it comes to our godly devotion, we cannot tolerate any rivalry toward God The Organization."

We are debatings words, which is fruitless. Why not debate LOGIC?

See? All the reasoning they have (evidence) they metaphorically call themselves Jehovah. It is against the divine law of the Ten Comandments. You must not take up the Name of Yaweh in a worthless way.

The Jehovah's Witnesses will all say Jehovah is for the organization, not egual to. But the literature implies they are equal.

• DT
    DT

Does any body know what company hosts the Watchtower websites, especially jw.org? Many webhosts take a dim view of distributing hate speach on their servers. Perhaps the Watchtower Society hosts their own websites. If so, they may still have to comply with certain laws that deal with hate speach.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

This is why "I AM THAT I AM" didn't work for them. Their god will "PROVE TO BE" whatever they decide to conjure up, depending on the need.

Additionally, I think it's about time that the Holy Bible is censored and outlawed. It's the only thing that gives these psychos (perceived) credibility.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, crud...

Bats, I can't see your "visual aids"... dagnabit!!!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Don't know if I'm jumping the gun here, but I've just emailed the News editor of the Independent with a link to this watchtower article, highlighting the Rick Fenton statement and how the article contradicts it. I've suggested a follow-up or at least a mention of this article.. We'll see what happens, I don't know if I'm emailing the wrong person, but it's all I can do, I don't know any journalists.. Here's the address if anyone else thinks it's a good idea.. [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit