You have lost your job and your house, your down to your last $1,000. How will you make out at the end of the month?

by purplesofa 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Intel
    Intel

I have been in that situation twice in my Life........living with only 5 Euros in my pocket FOR A WEEK!

Game results:

Ended up with 987 US$ and paid rent and gave kid 10 Bucks.

(But don't ask me how.........being an asshole pays off I guess.........forget about your grandfather that passed away...I will see him in Paradise and apologize...OH WAIT, that isn't going to happen....damn it... I knew I forgot something.

Yes, I let my Pet suffer..... to save 50 Bucks for the "final solution"......in real Life I would go to that funeral, pay for the Pet, be a nice guy and end up where I have been many times: BROKE. ;-)

I hear Greece is broker than me.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    And how big was that dump?.....Josie

Oh God..LOL!!..

I don`t want to Hijack Purps thread but I`ll tell you..

It`s not normal..

You would think a Bear screams and pass`s out when it takes a dump..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol@robdar

the only way I made it to the end of the month was to be a criminal.

And a poor one at that. Maybe we can understand the enticement of selling drugs and prostitution, I mean if your going to be illegal, might as well have a little bit of money too.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't know if this happens often, but I remember when I used to make considerable less money I would alwasy tell myself, "If I only could make so and so much money I would be much better off". A few raises later and I would be in the same situtation.

That's when I realized that I wasn't managing my money right.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

LoL @ Outlaw :D

• corpusdei
    corpusdei

In your opinion has that always been the case? I.e., were the Russian serfs of the 14th century poor because of their "stupid decisions"?

Does this comment apply to the USA only, or to every place on earth?

I'm thinking primarily of the USA, as that's where I am, although I would extend it to any country that upholds an individuals right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And again, as I said, I recognise that there are exceptions to my line of thinking - I have and will continue to participate in helping people who are going through extreme and unavoidable circumstances.

My core belief, through my personal experience, is that the individual is responsible for the outcome of their lives. I have a right to my life, my liberty, the property that I own, and the pursuit of happiness in my life. I do not have a right to happiness itself, only the pursuit of it. That's important. I don't have a right to a car, or internet, or a TV, or even a house. I have a right to pursue those things, but I have no right to automatically have them, and I have absolutely no right to make another person hand over their property so that I can advance that pursuit, or because I didn't do whatever it took to make and keep myself stable even when faced with unexpected circumstances. That's theft, any way you cut it, and it makes no difference to me if it's done in person at gunpoint or with the force of the federal governmant.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I ended with $680 left.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

@NewChapter

And who really starts out with $1000?

That's what I was thinking too, and thankfully when the apt was set up there was no mention of deposits for rent or utilities.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not theft if my husband and I have worked for many years and paid our taxes faithfully before needing to access certain benefits. My husband and I are not thieves.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'll tell ya it's not easy to be poor in this country. I try to think of all the people in the world who live on less then a dollar a day. I think about what its like for them. I can at least say I have it better then them. I can at least say that I'm trying to imporve my lot in life by going to school, which is more than some people can say. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit